United HKG-SIN-HKG to go 737

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    wow old one? is not the "new" aircraft ex-CO?

So no PTV?
    PMUA retired all their 737's. cscs1956 maybe referring to the 737-500's and 737-300's at CO.

I just booked a ticket on UA to HKG next friday in the back benches, round trip. Almost regretting it now.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      PMUA retired all their 737's. cscs1956 maybe referring to the 737-500's and 737-300's at CO.

I just booked a ticket on UA to HKG next friday in the back benches, round trip. Almost regretting it now.
      I thought CO is launch customer for B737-800 or -900?
      visit my blog

Comment

It was pre-merger UA that dumped all their 737s. The post-merger ones are all CO.

I thought CO is launch customer for B737-800 or -900?
        737-800 Hapag-Lloyd Flug
        737-900 Alaska Airlines
        737-900ER Lion Air

Comment

HKG-SIN-HKG flights back to a 747

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/as...ingapore-route

From OCT 27 onwards, the 747 will return, replacing the 737.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Why did they change it in the first place if they need to go back to it so soon?

I also wonder if they will switch NRT-HKG-NRT to 747 or 772 as everytime I go on this flight it is 100% load or close.

Comment

Originally posted by 17august View Post
              Why did they change it in the first place if they need to go back to it so soon?

I also wonder if they will switch NRT-HKG-NRT to 747 or 772 as everytime I go on this flight it is 100% load or close.
              Because $misek and co. thought they knew better.

Comment

I am actually doing this flight tonight from HKG-SIN so will be interested to see how busy it is. I booked it yesterday and a return ticket was only 270 SGD...returning on Sunday.

Comment

SGD 270? All inclusive?
                  That is a great cheap deal!
                  But I cannot find it on UA site now.

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                    SGD 270? All inclusive?
                    That is a great cheap deal!
                    But I cannot find it on UA site now.

I just had a look and it's still on there for lots of days, with short notice and long notice. I am booking from Hong Kong on the Hong Kong site so there might be a difference there.

Comment

• It's now been upgraded to a 747 and I did the leg from HKG-SIN last night. This 747 has been upgraded with UA new first and business products so in that respect it is very good. In Y class they're still using the set up without any PTV. However for a flight of this length I think it doesn't matter and is a very good option as the seat is an old fashioned Y seat, means no frills just a very soft comfy seat cushion and reasonable pitch, 10x comfier than most airlines current seats!

Load in J and F seemed to be very near full but load in Y was completely empty... Everyone had a row to themselves with at least 25% of the rows spare.

The flight time has also changed now so leaves HK at 21:35 arriving Sin at 01:30 and leaving Sin at a more desirable 06:30 and arriving into HK at 10:10.

My verdict is for 260 SGD a fantastic option and one I wouldn't think twice about. However traveling in that seat in Y for 16 hours to ORD from HKG like they use that plane for as well no way on earth!! Other big difference is you always get 100% miles regardless where as SQ sale fares which are still more expensive you would only get 50%...

Comment

• Originally posted by 17august View Post
                        My verdict is for 260 SGD a fantastic option and one I wouldn't think twice about. However traveling in that seat in Y for 16 hours to ORD from HKG like they use that plane for as well no way on earth!! Other big difference is you always get 100% miles regardless where as SQ sale fares which are still more expensive you would only get 50%...
                        I checked the price last week SIN-HKG-SIN and it was SGD479. I topped up $200 for SQ as I didn't want to return at 01:30AM in the end...

For $260, a bit of a no-brainer and cheaper than my SIN-BKKs normally... maybe I should go to HKG more often instead

Comment

• And the best deal is, you get FULL MILES, about 1.6K each sector....unlike SIA.

plus returning now on the 747, cockpit chatter on Channel 9.

(Audio)

Comment

• More changes...

ORD-HKG-SIN is being switched from a 747-400 to a 777-200ER effective 30 March 2013.

The 777 is probably the most ideal aircraft for this route because it offers premium passengers the flat bed they expect, while significantly reducing the number of economy class seats available. Oh, and passengers down the back finally get PTV's with AVOD.

Comment

• Just curious...

Has United retained the hot meal service in Y or re-introduce those cold snack boxes on the HKG-SIN-HKG flights?

Thanks,
                              Carfield

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                                Just curious...

Has United retained the hot meal service in Y or re-introduce those cold snack boxes on the HKG-SIN-HKG flights?

Thanks,
                                Carfield
                                Not sure about HKG-SIN as returned via NRT, but SIN-HKG is a yes for my flight on NOV 5th. Y+ is good. All the way to AZ at S$2.3K with 125% miles credit vs SQ S$2.7K ( to LAX only) with 10% miles (valid to Krisflyer account only) is a good buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X