Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waitlist Saver available, yet not for Advantage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlist Saver available, yet not for Advantage?

Is there a reason why a waitlist would only be available for a Saver, yet it's not available for Advantage?

I always imagined that an Advantage award (more expensive in mileage) is more likely to be available for a waitlist than a Saver.

For sure the physically seat availability is the same, but I guess they are different booking classes.

With this situation, I assumed where a waitlist is only available for Saver, it's unlikely to clear?

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
    Is there a reason why a waitlist would only be available for a Saver, yet it's not available for Advantage?

I always imagined that an Advantage award (more expensive in mileage) is more likely to be available for a waitlist than a Saver.

For sure the physically seat availability is the same, but I guess they are different booking classes.

With this situation, I assumed where a waitlist is only available for Saver, it's unlikely to clear?

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks
    I have even seen lower-mileage options available when the higher end one is not. Perhaps some people may prefer to burn more miles for the extra "perk" - like a stopover? Or that a lower-mileage tix becomes available because of a cancellation after the higher-mileage tix was already booked. Luck of the draw.

I won't jump to the conclusion that such a wait-list can't clear. But if it is to a popular destination, then the likelihood will obviously not be good. A phone call (or two) for assistance may also help.

Comment

Working...
    X