Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swissair - SIN to MUC

Hi guys,

Can i kindly check, I need to fly to Munich for work via Swissair.

Just wondering as I land in ZRH at 06:10hrs, my connecting flight is 07:15hrs. Can I make the overlay in time? I would not have any baggage

Would have preferred later connection of 09:20hrs, but I think it's full.

Since all legs with Swissair, shouldn't be an issue? Also flying in Business, if that makes a difference.

Also since we are on the topic, how is ZRH as an airport? very efficient I presume if compared to London or Paris?

Thanks in advance

Best,
    jwny
    drink Coke...save water

I've done the transfer to FRA instead of MUC but with exactly the same schedule. It's not a problem and let's face it, if LZ will ticket it, they accept the timing.

ZUR is "acceptable" as an airport, efficient but nothing to get excited about. You'll need to change terminal by train, go through immigration then security and as I remember from November it was security that stuffed us up for a while meaning we had no time to get to the lounge, which is pretty well stocked through can get busy.

We were flying Y as a family and made it to the gate as the first bus was boarding. You'll get through a quicker security queue for J passengers so should be better.

Comment

ZRH is great because you can buy Luxemburgerli. Everything else, you'd have to be in LX/LH's F mafia to appreciate

Comment

Originally posted by JWNY View Post
        Hi guys,

Can i kindly check, I need to fly to Munich for work via Swissair.

Just wondering as I land in ZRH at 06:10hrs, my connecting flight is 07:15hrs. Can I make the overlay in time? I would not have any baggage

Would have preferred later connection of 09:20hrs, but I think it's full.
        That's generally OK for ZRH which is a pretty efficient airport. If the later ones does clear then it's your call if you want a more relaxed transfer.

Also since we are on the topic, how is ZRH as an airport? very efficient I presume if compared to London or Paris?
        It's much better than both, especially T5 at LHR now which is horrendous. LHR and CDG are not what one should be measuring against when looking for 'efficient'.

BTW, Swissair ceased flying years ago.....

Comment

Originally posted by JWNY View Post
          Since all legs with Swissair, shouldn't be an issue? Also flying in Business, if that makes a difference.
          That's a major issue and I would demand money back from your travel agent. Swissair went bust many years ago.

Comment

Hi everyone. Thanks for your kind replies.

Sorry, I meant Swiss then. No malice intended
            drink Coke...save water

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

It's much better than both, especially T5 at LHR now which is horrendous. LHR and CDG are not what one should be measuring against when looking for 'efficient'.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              BTW, Swissair ceased flying years ago.....
              I remember being shocked at the news when that happened.

Comment

Agreed that ZRH is a fairly compact airport to navigate. Do note that you should give yourself time for border formalities as you are entering Schengen area during the morning peak arrival and with winter weather travel anything goes.

Still it is doable I think. Good luck.
                there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Working...
                X