Business Travellers, please be nice to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Travellers, please be nice to me

During this week travel, I had encountered too many "not nice" business travelers. For example, when lining up for security check. You passed the plastic tray to the business traveler, because he did not take one. And I noticed he needed on for his laptop. The tray rack was near me, and I passed him one. No thank you or any gesture for thank you. This happened not only in YVR, but also in SFO, LHR, FRA, and SIN.
    And, on board the plane, seems those business types were not friendly to me in this trip.

CGK, I understand how you feel. I got the same reaction at SFO and SEA recently. Just got to be indifferent to it and not let it bite into us, else a 20 hour journey will be harder to bear .

Cheers and take heart !

Comment

It did not bother me. I was just posting my observations. And yeah, a reminder for all the flyers out there to be corteous and considerate to other flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        And, on board the plane, seems those business types were not friendly to me in this trip.
        Ummm....do you mean you usually socialize with strangers onboard and they would be happy to chit chat and that did not happen this time around?
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Chit chat? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
          I mean on board when you go the lav and hold the door for another pax, at least a gesture thank you will gladly appreciated. Or when something fell on the floor and you picked it up, at least a thank you would be appropriate.

Comment

CGK, I promise to be nice to you always if we happen to be on board together.

Comment

It's always the same problem.... how does it cost to smile or to say "thanks" to someone who has a nice gesture for you?... It seems to be a sacrifice for many people
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

There is a movie called Pay It Forward. Instead of "paying someone back" the movie reminds us to be kind to our fellow man from the start. I cant remember the name of the kid who is in it, but he is a fantastic actor (and he is maybe 12 years old in this movie).

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                  There is a movie called Pay It Forward. Instead of "paying someone back" the movie reminds us to be kind to our fellow man from the start. I cant remember the name of the kid who is in it, but he is a fantastic actor (and he is maybe 12 years old in this movie).
                  You mean Haley Joel Osment?

Comment

Yep, that's him. Seems like and old soul to me.

Comment

I encountered quite the opposite on my last trip to Los Angeles.

I was on the Hertz shuttle bus going to the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX. I got my bags ready and near the door as I didn't want to hold the bus up when dropping me off at TBIT. There is a business-traveller type person on the bus (suits and all), just looking at me moving my two large Tumis and my hand carry and my briefcase from the luggage rack to near the door. I thought to myself, "Okay, yeah yeah ... I have lots of things with me". Then arriving at TBIT, I brought my all but one of my two large Tumis down to the curbside (the bus didn't stop right by the curbside). When I was turning back to go back and get my second large bag, ... surprise surprise... there he was carrying my other 30kg suitcase down from the bus and all the way to the curbside. Made my TBIT experience that night felt better, knowing there are still some nice people out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X