Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Australia to delay launch

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

THE ongoing Boeing machinists strike has forced Virgin Blue to postpone the launch of its VAustralia trans-Pacific service, which was planned for December 15.

Boeing yesterday told customers around the world that it could not predict the duration of the three-week-old strike of its 27,000 machinists.

Therefore it could not guarantee the delivery date of the airline's first 777-300ER aircraft.

VAustralia has three 777-300ERs close to completion, including one that is painted in the airline's new colours.

While that aircraft is on the Boeing flight line at Everett, outside Seattle, Washington, seemingly ready for delivery, the aeroplane's galleys are running late and need to be fitted. That work can only done by machinists.

Virgin Blue yesterday advised the Australian stock exchange that the only responsible course of action was to nominate a revised VAustralia launch date for the Sydney-Los Angeles service of February, 28 next year.

The March 1 launch of the Brisbane-Los Angeles service would not be affected, the airline said.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.
Working...
X