A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    Not needed as your assumption is incorrect. Even the much larger suites will be able to connect and you will still find a double bed.

There won't be any bar - that's middle-east bling and not supported by SQ.
    Thanks SMK77, you seem to have very good insights!

Comment

• SQ#20

SQ#20.... I'm assuming it'll be registered 9V-SKU? or something else?

Comment

• I'm intrigued by the upper deck window layouts vs the all Biz upper-deck

Zone A: 4 windows, 1 blank, 2 windows, 2 blanks vs the current 9 windows
        Zone B: 25 windows vs the current 24
        Zone C: 9 window vs the current 10
        Zone D: 4 windows vs the current 2

What kinda of layout could we be seeing?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          I'm intrigued by the upper deck window layouts vs the all Biz upper-deck

Zone A: 4 windows, 1 blank, 2 windows, 2 blanks vs the current 9 windows
          Zone B: 25 windows vs the current 24
          Zone C: 9 window vs the current 10
          Zone D: 4 windows vs the current 2

What kinda of layout could we be seeing?
          Perhaps Zone A will be the new Suites, Zone B will be J and Zone C and D will be S? Then all lower deck Y? Just a wild guess at this point. This will greatly reduce the number of premium seats available though, which could be beneficial for the higher Y yield routes that the 77WR is not able to handle.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            SQ#20.... I'm assuming it'll be registered 9V-SKU? or something else?

Is it too much to hope for it to be in a special 70th Anniversary scheme?
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              SQ technically has a 70th year anniversary logo that could easily translate into a decal/livery if they wanted to.

Comment

Is it even slated for delivery this year??

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                  Is it even slated for delivery this year??
                  The first A380 of the new 5 is supposed to be EIS October of this year.

Comment

Perhaps an A350 instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      Perhaps Zone A will be the new Suites, Zone B will be J and Zone C and D will be S? Then all lower deck Y? Just a wild guess at this point. This will greatly reduce the number of premium seats available though, which could be beneficial for the higher Y yield routes that the 77WR is not able to handle.
                      My Guess:
                      Upper Deck:
                      Zone A - 4 Suites in 1-1 config
                      - Long Galley for both Suite and Business Class -
                      Zone B and Zone C - Around 60 Business Seats in 1-2-1 config
                      Zone D - Social Area

Lower Deck:
                      Premium Economy 28-36 seats in the front in 2-4-2 (3 rows 2-stairs-2 around the stairs and 2 or 3 row 2-4-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                        My Guess:
                        Upper Deck:
                        Zone A - 4 Suites in 1-1 config
                        - Long Galley for both Suite and Business Class -
                        Zone B and Zone C - Around 60 Business Seats in 1-2-1 config
                        Zone D - Social Area

Lower Deck:
                        Premium Economy 28-36 seats in the front in 2-4-2 (3 rows 2-stairs-2 around the stairs and 2 or 3 row 2-4-2)
                        My guess...or actually more like a hint...
                        6 + 80
                        45 + 345
                        Last edited by Heihei; 7 March 2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heihei View Post
                          6 + 80
                          45 + 345
                          Not sure how those numbers work for the upper deck. We have 86J now so wonder how they'll exchange 6J seats for 6 suites, perhaps a more optimized use of non-revenue spaces? Or maybe the new J design requires slightly less pitch.

Lower deck sounds quite packed, but guess doable given the current 12R + 36S +245Y.

Huge bump up in density - 476 vs 379 on the current all upper deck J version.

Great change to make the big lady more profitable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heihei View Post
                            6 + 80
                            45 + 345
                            4 windows and 2 windows in Zone A is the strongest hint so far that we will six First Class Suites (2 windows each Suite). They are replacing the current 20 J seats but if they move galleys a bit, the might be able to still install 74 J seats.

On the main deck, looking at LH (http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1511678526.pdf) who installs 52 Premium Economy seats and 371 Economy seats, I don't see SQ only installing 45 plus 345.

Comment

• In general terms, do those of you who fly J on the A380 feel that the balance between Y and J is better with the SKA-K (Upper Y) series or the SKL-T (Upper all J) series? Does the balance lie somewhere in between, or is there an argument for still dealing with the hassle of having two configurations in order to meet the differing demands of destinations?

I ask this in terms of observed load factors, ability to book seats etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                In general terms, do those of you who fly J on the A380 feel that the balance between Y and J is better with the SKA-K (Upper Y) series or the SKL-T (Upper all J) series? Does the balance lie somewhere in between, or is there an argument for still dealing with the hassle of having two configurations in order to meet the differing demands of destinations?

I ask this in terms of observed load factors, ability to book seats etc.
                                There is no one size fits all. Different locations have different demand. SQ tries to cater for those by having two configurations.

Look at EK - they have even introduced A380 with no First at all.

My personal take is that it is extremely difficult to fill 400 seats in Y+/Y all the time - Lufthansa had to cut Y fares dramatically in order to have a decent seat load factor. Not the way to go for a premium airline. A380 is only suitable for very few routes and I would not be surprised if SQ will reduce the total number of A380 in the next years.

Comment

Working...
                                X