HSBC's Elite Travellers Programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently I was rejected somehow...

Upon reviewing the fineprint, there's too many catches to work through / too long for the 2.5 miles to take effect (i.e. additional 12 months). Forget that, I have PP U already anyway. Pfft...

Citibank will be more than happy to bend over backwards to retain me as a PremierMiles customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Apparently I was rejected somehow...

Upon reviewing the fineprint, there's too many catches to work through / too long for the 2.5 miles to take effect (i.e. additional 12 months). Forget that, I have PP U already anyway. Pfft...

Citibank will be more than happy to bend over backwards to retain me as a PremierMiles customer.

What do you mean you get rejected? That is an invitation letter. They should not rejected you. Stupid HSBC!!!

I just got the card today. The very nice black card with a Credit Limit of $800!!

After paying the annual fee of $288 I do not think I can even afford a ticket to HKG!!

Last Friday, the Credit Card Head told me they are reviewing my case.

I told him I will not carry a card with a credit limit of $800 in my wallet!!
      visit my blog

Comment

Well, I sent in the apply form and still do not know if I got it...... been away since the drop the envelop into the box.....
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Got the invite as well....was told the bare minimum income is S$120K per annum
          The card sounds attractive.

Comment

Deleted..... sorted itself.
            Last edited by scooby5; 29 November 2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              Well, I sent in the apply form and still do not know if I got it...... been away since the drop the envelop into the box.....
              well my card takes 1 week. this is after i make noise to the head.... so if you just drop at mailbox as per normal may be 2-3 days to reach them. start processing 1-2 weeks. may be you will receive in 3-4 weeks time?
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                Defintely standards have been lowered as I a drunken sailor was also offered....
                On the contrary, I believe that makes you their prime target market
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                  I've worked out that based on my spending over the last year I'd be about 7,000miles worse off than with my Citibank, but would benefit from the full Priority Pass.....and get a new tablet Next year if they try to stick me for S$488 I can cut or re-negotiate maybe for another 30,000miles (as in cut and re-apply) in which case the 7,000 lost is definitely worthwhile though normally there is a clause which says a new application cannot be accepted within 6-months of cutting a previous card.
                  You can continue to use your Citi card. You don't have to pile on the HSBC VI to enjoy the benefits.

I tried to get expedited immigration clearance in Narita but was told its not available in NRT. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by tategoi View Post
                    You can continue to use your Citi card. You don't have to pile on the HSBC VI to enjoy the benefits.

I'm not going to pay both the $192 for CitiBank card and $248 (or $488) for the HSBC. The only benefit of paying the annual fee to Citi is getting the 10,000 extra miles.

I'd only keep Citi if they give me the card for free (without the miles is fine) since the points/miles never expire.

Narita, sorry can't help though I know HK is not available any more so it could also be that others are cancelled as well.

Comment

I got this card last month.
                      So far have only used the limo service once, which was great.
                      Like someone mentioned before, there's no need to use it for local spend,
                      but it's good for overseas spending.
                      IMO the 30,000 KF miles plus the perks are worth the $248.
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by tategoi View Post

I tried to get expedited immigration clearance in Narita but was told its not available in NRT. Is that true?
                        Based on the list, Narita is listed there.

Anyway this list is not updated anyway. I have already told them to update the list or remove it, as there is no point to have it there if it is not updated.

As some one mention, HKG is not longer avail. Also CMB. Both are in the list. But I can confirmed as I tried to use the service in CMB and was told HKG and CMB is no longer avail.

Also no point to use it in TPE, as there is no special immigration queue available. So the girls just accompany you. Good if you just need some companions

I can assure you the service is available in BKK and CGK as of early Nov!
                        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          I can assure you the service is available in BKK and CGK as of early Nov!

I just booked BKK for the week after next.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                            I just booked BKK for the week after next.
                            Just wanted to say that the Meet-and-Greet Fast Track at BKK is really good both inbound and outbound!

Comment

yes. but they said they should be able to give 4x (instead of 2x).

what pissed me off, when i want to reallocate the credit (coz I want to keep my Platinum card, just incase, I want to drop my VI later), I was told to call a Call Centre and ask for a form!!

I paid for $288 (which supose to be $488) card, and they can't even help me with this?

BTW, the card never arrive, but they send me the PIN already. I called the Contact Centre on Friday 8pm. I was put on hold for 52min!! (is this a Guiness Book record?) and the more horror is, when I decided to leave a message (press "0"), they hang up on me!!!
                              Call the Premier Call center. The Premier guys told me they will take care of it. My points are already transferred, but not my credit yet, so I'm still waiting.
                              Life's A Bitch,
                              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Based on the list, Narita is listed there.

Anyway this list is not updated anyway. I have already told them to update the list or remove it, as there is no point to have it there if it is not updated.
                                Thanks. I called HSBC again today after seeing the linkand now a lady said she will arrange the expedited immigration clearance in NRT for me. I need the fast clearance to catch the 8.50AM airport limousine with SQ638 scheduled to land at 7.35AM.

i am glad that it can be done but on the other hand I am unsure if someone will be at NRT to greet me at the gate. On Wednesday I called for the limo service to the airport, and was told someone will SMS me details of pick-up within 24 hours. Till now I receive none and my flight is departing tomorrow. I am not sure how this thing works, I don't get the comfort from the conversation with HSBC.

Comment

Working...
                                X