• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    u have any HSBC card before?

Wonder if HSBC so desperate and send the invitation to all KF Gold
    No, I do not have a HSBC card....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I have HSBC card and KF gold, but I did not receive this..

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
        I have HSBC card and KF gold, but I did not receive this..
        jbflyer, you address is in spore or jb? heard they send it to KF member also. But I dunno what is the criteria though
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          Let me see,.......

Lifestyle Butler will assist with

Unlimited one-way limousine transfer to the airport
          Unlimited access to JetQuay Terminal, including private check-in service for departure and arrival Singapore
          Unlimited access to over 600 VIP airport lounges worldwide, for both main and supplementary cardholders
          Unlimited access to expedited immigration clearance; skip the airport queues in cities such as Bangkok, Beijing, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Taipei, Tokyo and more................

Their page info says up to 2.5Miles per S$1 so, from the paperwork, what is the criteria for how to get the 2.5Miles and how long do the points last before they have to be converted, as is there a fee (annual or transactional) for the conversion?

I believe at 2.5Miles the conversion works out better than Citi PremierMiles and I would be prepared to give that card up to get the extra Infinite benefits. The benefit with Citi is the points never expire so long as you keep the card.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
            Their page info says up to 2.5Miles per S$1 so, from the paperwork, what is the criteria for how to get the 2.5Miles and how long do the points last before they have to be converted, as is there a fee (annual or transactional) for the conversion?

I believe at 2.5Miles the conversion works out better than Citi PremierMiles and I would be prepared to give that card up to get the extra Infinite benefits. The benefit with Citi is the points never expire so long as you keep the card.
            I really do not know as I have not got the card yet and then I usually cannot be bothered about all the points I have in any credit card or keeping track of what points I have where.....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Off the top of my head, I remember that 2.5 miles applies to overseas spending only, and you must have spent a certain amount in to hit that bracket.

I believe for local spending, the highest bracket you can reach is 1.5 miles/S$.

Comment

oh ok. so 1.5 miles/S$ is comparable to other cards ?

Comment

yeah but it takes ages for them to issue the card. They picked up my application form last Thursday. Now almost 1 week already and I have not seen my card. My application should have treated as Top Priority and it takes more 1 week. Not sure if "normal" way, may be takes 1 months.

The promo on CX for the HSBC Inifnity Card will expire by month end
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                    Off the top of my head, I remember that 2.5 miles applies to overseas spending only, and you must have spent a certain amount in to hit that bracket.

I believe for local spending, the highest bracket you can reach is 1.5 miles/S$.
                    What I was told $1 = 2.5 points for local spending and 5 points for overseas spending.

Bear in mind you need 2500 points to exchange for 1000 miles.

So it is basically $1 = 1 miles for local spending and $1 = 2 miles for overseas spending.

Citi Premiermiles is $1 = 1.2 miles... I think there is some promotion for overseas spending which I can't recall now.

So if you use the card locally, Citi is better. But if you spend a lot overseas HSBC is better.
                    visit my blog

Comment

jbflyer, you address is in spore or jb? heard they send it to KF member also. But I dunno what is the criteria though
                      My address is in Singapore. But I have not see anything about this in my mail box..

Comment

just got a call from HSBC that they will deliver the card today. but i also was told the card will only carry $800 credit limit!

I told them if they so stingy, just do not bother to issue the card. I am not gonna carry the CC with only have $800 credit limit and cost me $248 (or even $488)
                        visit my blog

Comment

I got a call back from HSBC about the Infinite yesterday and expect another in a few minutes for me to say 'yes' but anyway:

S$1 = 1miles local spending
                          S$1 = 2miles overseas spending

Points last 3yrs apparently and S$40 per year for conversion of the points to miles.

If you spend over S$75,000 in a year then add 0.5miles to each. For those with Elite Traveller already the sign up fee is S$248 otherwise is S$488. The card comes with full Priority Pass, the usual Elite Traveller Program bits plus a better Travel Insurance. Finally those 30,000miles or Sony Tablet for signing up.

I've worked out that based on my spending over the last year I'd be about 7,000miles worse off than with my Citibank, but would benefit from the full Priority Pass.....and get a new tablet Next year if they try to stick me for S$488 I can cut or re-negotiate maybe for another 30,000miles (as in cut and re-apply) in which case the 7,000 lost is definitely worthwhile though normally there is a clause which says a new application cannot be accepted within 6-months of cutting a previous card.

Comment

I got a call back from HSBC about the Infinite yesterday and expect another in a few minutes for me to say 'yes' but anyway:

S$1 = 1miles local spending
                            S$1 = 2miles overseas spending

Points last 3yrs apparently and S$40 per year for conversion of the points to miles.

If you spend over S$75,000 in a year then add 0.5miles to each. For those with Elite Traveller already the sign up fee is S$248 otherwise is S$488. The card comes with full Priority Pass, the usual Elite Traveller Program bits plus a better Travel Insurance. Finally those 30,000miles or Sony Tablet for signing up.

I've worked out that based on my spending over the last year I'd be about 7,000miles worse off than with my Citibank, but would benefit from the full Priority Pass.....and get a new tablet Next year if they try to stick me for S$488 I can cut or re-negotiate maybe for another 30,000miles (as in cut and re-apply) in which case the 7,000 lost is definitely worthwhile though normally there is a clause which says a new application cannot be accepted within 6-months of cutting a previous card.
                            ans it will take ages for them to print the cards
                            and they are only willing to give u 4x your salary for both credit card and line out credit
                            if u have multiple card with them u have to split the limit
                            visit my blog

Comment

just got a call from HSBC that they will deliver the card today. but i also was told the card will only carry $800 credit limit!

I told them if they so stingy, just do not bother to issue the card. I am not gonna carry the CC with only have $800 credit limit and cost me $248 (or even $488)
                              And this is likely because you kept your old card? Unless you have specific reason to keep your old cards, you can either shift your credit limit to the new infinite, or transfer all your points to the new card and kill the old card away. Thats what I'm doing now.
                              Life's A Bitch,
                              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                                And this is likely because you kept your old card? Unless you have specific reason to keep your old cards, you can either shift your credit limit to the new infinite, or transfer all your points to the new card and kill the old card away. Thats what I'm doing now.
                                yes. but they said they should be able to give 4x (instead of 2x).

what pissed me off, when i want to reallocate the credit (coz I want to keep my Platinum card, just incase, I want to drop my VI later), I was told to call a Call Centre and ask for a form!!

I paid for $288 (which supose to be $488) card, and they can't even help me with this?

BTW, the card never arrive, but they send me the PIN already. I called the Contact Centre on Friday 8pm. I was put on hold for 52min!! (is this a Guiness Book record?) and the more horror is, when I decided to leave a message (press "0"), they hang up on me!!!
                                Last edited by lingua101; 28 November 2011, 12:14 PM. Reason: typo....
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X