No announcement yet.

Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the biggest decisions SQ have had to make recently is whether or not to pull the trigger and fit an F cabin to a small number of the ULR birds, specifically for EWR. They believe the market is there but unfortunately it seems having such a small subset of birds only really good for one specific route is putting them off, so they have backed off, for now.

The crew are probably relieved. That's a long flight to try and provide an SQ standard service in F!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      SIA should up its standard on PEY especially in its meals which are basically the same as EY. Qantas and EVA PEY which I have taken is far ahead in their PEY and EVA still gives a branded amenity kit and slippers. But the best would be JAL with its wider PEY seats and its pitch.
      Both ANA and JAL are also doing EY class meals in PEY tho. Apparently BR is the same?

In terms of the meals most of the airlines are doing Y class meal instead of C class in PEY.

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
        Both ANA and JAL are also doing EY class meals in PEY tho. Apparently BR is the same?

In terms of the meals most of the airlines are doing Y class meal instead of C class in PEY.

Michael
        SQ PE can do Book the cook meal right ? Although the selection is much lesser than J book the cook.

Comment

Michael
          Have only flown PEY on NZ so can only comment on NZ's PEY offering. And I could be wrong but I believe NZ have a "cross between" for their meals for PEY, i.e. I believe their PEY meals are a step above Y but probably not on par with JCL. Their meal service in PEY is definitely almost like JCL, i.e. you get the starters (interestingly they serve it in the same tray as the dessert), followed by the mains later. Seat pitch wise NZ do offer a pretty generous 42" pitch in PEY, more if you get to bag one of the bulkhead seats.
          Last edited by wlgspotter; 18 October 2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Michael
            BR meals are different from the standard EY meals. But other airlines PEY meals which are better than EY meals but of course not to the same as C/J class, but are a step above standard EY.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              One of the biggest decisions SQ have had to make recently is whether or not to pull the trigger and fit an F cabin to a small number of the ULR birds, specifically for EWR. They believe the market is there but unfortunately it seems having such a small subset of birds only really good for one specific route is putting them off, so they have backed off, for now.

The crew are probably relieved. That's a long flight to try and provide an SQ standard service in F!
              They'd probably be interested in some A350-1000s then, in the QF Sunrise spec.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                SQ PE can do Book the cook meal right ? Although the selection is much lesser than J book the cook.
                Correct. I think that would make the flight out of SIN quite a good experience for catering but I just looked at EWR- only four selections and you have two meals to cover, but I guess if on booking it showed you what was being served on the regular menu that would help.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  One of the biggest decisions SQ have had to make recently is whether or not to pull the trigger and fit an F cabin to a small number of the ULR birds, specifically for EWR. They believe the market is there but unfortunately it seems having such a small subset of birds only really good for one specific route is putting them off, so they have backed off, for now.

Which nonstop route to US can support F? Probably EWR. Can LAX and SFO?

Seems like they could convert some A359 orders to A350-1000ULR like what QF wants to fly SYD-JFK.

Put F into those!

Convert current A359ULR to standard A359

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    EWR is considered first and suitable, but one route alone doesnt justify the small subset of aircraft, for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

Seems like they could convert some A359 orders to A350-1000ULR like what QF wants to fly SYD-JFK.

Put F into those!

Convert current A359ULR to standard A359
                      I guess a concern they might have is whether the 779 would make such a subfleet obsolete.

Especially given that word on the street says the 779 with some unspecified performance improvements was being proposed by Boeing for Project Sunrise as a stop gap to the 778 (If that's ever built)
                      an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                        I guess a concern they might have is whether the 779 would make such a subfleet obsolete.

Especially given that word on the street says the 779 with some unspecified performance improvements was being proposed by Boeing for Project Sunrise as a stop gap to the 778 (If that's ever built)
                        The higher cabin pressure and humidity on composite fuselage A350/787 cannot be matched by aluminium skinned 777X.

And these qualities are useful in ultra long haul flights

Comment

Working...
                        X