A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
    How would SQ get enough 77W's to operate this by Summer? Even if they refit 773's and deploy them on current 77W routes then which aircraft will replace the 773's on their previous routes. Or will the SQ11/12 747's be put on Australian routes in order to free up 77W's?
    The 77W is off the SIN-MEL-SIN route from the 1st of April

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
      I expect MEL to probably get a second daily WhaleJet service by about October, with the delivery of 9V-SKO.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
        can probably blame me

I'm booked to fly the 77W back to MEL in April and I am prone to being SQ'ed (as someone suggested a term for it) which is happening again.

Hope it is a refurnbished 773 that replaces the 77W though.

Comment

I blame your user name SQ218... HA

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
            I expect MEL to probably get a second daily WhaleJet service by about October, with the delivery of 9V-SKO.
            Just curious, if SKL and SKM are used for the SIN-NRT-LAX vv. route, what is SKN going to be used for then?

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
              Just curious, if SKL and SKM are used for the SIN-NRT-LAX vv. route, what is SKN going to be used for then?
              All the aircraft in a subfleet are used for all the routes flown by that subfleet. When SKL and SKM are delivered, SQ will have enough WhaleJets to upgauge SIN-NRT-LAX, but that does not mean these birds will fly to LAX.

It looks like SQ will soon have two subfleets of WhaleJets, one as currently configured and the other with all business class on the upper deck.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                All the aircraft in a subfleet are used for all the routes flown by that subfleet. When SKL and SKM are delivered, SQ will have enough WhaleJets to upgauge SIN-NRT-LAX, but that does not mean these birds will fly to LAX.

It looks like SQ will soon have two subfleets of WhaleJets, one as currently configured and the other with all business class on the upper deck.
                Ok got it. But what I meant was that the SQ11/12 route should only need two 388s to operate, and the MEL route should only need one 388 (I'm not sure).

So it seems that the last route operating the 744s would be SQ25/26, and FRA will not be seeing 388s until mid-2012 at least? I have read previous discussions that whether or not the 388 will operate the FRA-JFK route is still uncertain.

Thanks.

Comment

There was an advert in today's Strait Times to announce the A380 to Los Angeles from March.

Comment

Singapore Airlines should launch these new routes:

SIN-CDG-NCE B777-300ER
                    SIN-ZRH-GVA B777-300ER
                    SIN-LHR-BHX B777-300ER
                    SIN-VIE-BRU B777-200
                    SIN-MXP-MAD B777-300ER after starting new service SIN-BCN-GRU.
                    Last edited by Chakvetadze08; 31 January 2011, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chakvetadze08 View Post
                      Singapore Airlines should lance these new routes:

SIN-CDG-NCE B777-300ER
                      SIN-ZRH-GVA B777-300ER
                      SIN-LHR-BHX B777-300ER
                      SIN-VIE-BRU B777-200
                      Not yet into February and already a contender for sillyest post of the year.....

Comment

It only took the 6th post to get there...

Maybe he/she isn't studying schematics in school...

Comment

SIN-CDG-NCE B777-300ER
                          SIN-ZRH-GVA B777-300ER
                          SIN-LHR-BHX B777-300ER
                          SIN-VIE-BRU B777-200

Who is going to cover the cost, you?

Comment

SIN-CDG-NCE B777-300ER
                            SIN-ZRH-GVA B777-300ER
                            SIN-LHR-BHX B777-300ER
                            SIN-VIE-BRU B777-200
                            It's fortunate that route planning is not the only available profession.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Not yet into February and already a contender for sillyest post of the year.....
                              I nominate this one actually... http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10838

Can we have a special nominations thread, pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
                                This is what I heard from a SQ source (in the order of preference):

SQ285/286 (AKL)
                                SQ11/12 (LAX via Narita)
                                SQ 407/408 (DEL)

DEL will only happen if LAX does not materialise.
                                Update on this rumour (and I quote the source):

DEL will happen in Oct 2011 whereby one whalejet flight will replace the current two daily flights. Flight timings will follow SQ407/408 schedule.

No update on AKL route....seems to have slipped thru the cracks as it was not mentioned at all.

SIN-FRA-JFK-TPE-SIN(vv) also by Oct 2011 using 77W initially and later upgrading to the whalejet.

Comment

Working...
                                X