Barcelona J Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcelona J Lounge

Hi can anyone help with details on what the J Class lounge at Barcleona is like, all informatiom would be most appreciated.

Whassamatter? Didn't like the responses to this very same question of yours in this thread?
    Last edited by jjpb3; 9 May 2010, 06:00 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by magnumpi View Post
      Hi can anyone help with details on what the J Class lounge at Barcleona is like, all informatiom would be most appreciated.
      SQ uses the Miro lounge which is one level below the "D" international departure gates.

The lounge has the usual amenities but be aware that once past immigration, there is only one duty free shop - all the other shops are on the level for schengen flights.

The Spanair lounge is over on the "C" side but there is no compelling reason to prefer it.

Comment

Does anyone know if there're shower facilities in the BCN's *A lounge? Thanks.

Comment

CarbonMan, SQ uses the MIRO lounge.

I have not used it before, but it appears that although it is free to use the shower, it would cost you EUR10 for their amenities (towel, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
            CarbonMan, SQ uses the MIRO lounge.

I have not used it before, but it appears that although it is free to use the shower, it would cost you EUR10 for their amenities (towel, etc.)
            Appreciate the info, Eriond! It will be very helpful when I visit BCN.

Comment

No free wifi. Work stations available. The breakfast bar as I recall was pretty basic too. I normally just have some fruits. A small range of alcoholic drinks available. Was a quiet lounge (last 4 times I used it before SQ377).

A bit off topic - The new VAT office (i think is Global Blue) is before the lounge but after customs. If you are wanting a large cash refund & catching early flight, best to get there early. Their 'cash bank' arrives just before SQ377 departs!

Comment

Originally posted by Sqakl View Post
                No free wifi. Work stations available. The breakfast bar as I recall was pretty basic too. I normally just have some fruits. A small range of alcoholic drinks available. Was a quiet lounge (last 4 times I used it before SQ377).

A bit off topic - The new VAT office (i think is Global Blue) is before the lounge but after customs. If you are wanting a large cash refund & catching early flight, best to get there early. Their 'cash bank' arrives just before SQ377 departs!
                Thanks for the info Sqalk. Do they require one to show the goods in order to claim the refund?

Comment

Yes - customs office at far left of departure hall (before checking in). Need a stamp from officers after they sight the goods. Opens at 6am. Refunds is obtained from foreign exchange office located on another floor (lowest floor I think), opens at 730am, hidden behind some shops. This office only refunds tax free (red logo) cheques. Global Blue (black&blue logo) processed after immigration mentioned above. Probably easier to do customs declaration, check in then to forex office. This info is based on my travel with sq 377 on 11 Jan 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sqakl View Post
                    Yes - customs office at far left of departure hall (before checking in). Need a stamp from officers after they sight the goods. Opens at 6am. Refunds is obtained from foreign exchange office located on another floor (lowest floor I think), opens at 730am, hidden behind some shops. This office only refunds tax free (red logo) cheques. Global Blue (black&blue logo) processed after immigration mentioned above. Probably easier to do customs declaration, check in then to forex office. This info is based on my travel with sq 377 on 11 Jan 2012
                    Thanks, Sqakl - good info! Now I need to find out the difference between the red logo and the global blue one.

Comment

My apologies - got a bit confused re blue & red logo. That's for South Korea. Europe is Global Blue vs Premier Tax Free.

Comment

Having used this lounge last month, I have to say that I'm not impressed at all.

Firstly, the lounge, while pretty near the security check is not located in a very obvious place. Signage is limited. Secondly, the food (mostly snacks) and drinks available are limited and of poor quality. Thirdly, no free wifi; however there's complimentary wifi available from the airport but it's limited to only half an hour. Didn't bother with the shower facilities.

On a positive note, the seats were comfortable.

Comment

I also agree, a very disappointing lounge. I was there last month and the paltry food was looking quite sad and picked over and no action was taken to replenish items when i was there. Especially as I was flying F, the lounge did not even come close to matching the service level one expects.

On the other end of the spectrum, I flew ANA first from NRT-IAD last week and fell in love with the ANA Suites lounge in NRT. Really outstanding -- maybe the best I have experienced. Great experience on board too.

Comment

Working...
                          X