No announcement yet.

[HKG] SKL at HKIA (post-renovation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks very nice indeed, compared to the old lounge.
    Too bad you can't sit face to face to your traveling companions anymore it seems.
    I am impressed they redid the whole lounge in just a week.

Comment

Greetings from THERE.... just a quick update: it's very nice indeed, and yes, there is an F/R/TPP section, to the left at the end. It's empty though, seems a bit naff to sit there, so I didn't. Content is the same as the J side. The SKL T3 style canteen is to the right.

Comment

totally new look! created extra space by removing the toilets.

SQ should consider renovating their SKL lounge at T2..it looks very old.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
          Just passed through today. I must say I'm really impressed! Kudos to SQ for upping their game on the highly competitive HKG-SIN market, though it obviously falls way way behind what The Pier offers.

As to a section for the F class passengers, there indeed is one with a signboard outside stating reserved for Suites, First and Solitaire PPS, though I can see it's not visibly enforced.
          The corridors really never seem to end but the only downside is that there isn't a toilet and you have to exit the lounge and it's to the left.
          Originally posted by yongchau View Post
          totally new look! created extra space by removing the toilets.

SQ should consider renovating their SKL lounge at T2..it looks very old.
          No toilet inside the Lounge???
          Is this confirmed or just temporary???
          Can't imagine SKL without toilet inside....

Comment

Pictures!

As promised: Pics!

Comment

This is the second renovation in about 18 months!

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              there is an F/R/TPP section, to the left at the end. It's empty though, seems a bit naff to sit there, so I didn't.
              You mean anyone can walk in ? Just like the CX lounge at TPE where the F lounge is another room inside the J lounge but there's nobody checking at the F lounge door!

Comment

nice pictures SQflyergirl, thanks for posting them. Are there any showers in the lounge? If answer is yes, do they have separate ones for F/R pax?

Comment

Showers? There are no restrooms inside at all!

Comment

Comment

These pictures seems to show a bigger space than the previous one. Is this renovated lounge located at the same place or a different place?

Comment

Originally posted by khellek View Post
                        These pictures seems to show a bigger space than the previous one. Is this renovated lounge located at the same place or a different place?
                        I'm not entirely sure - I last went there in April, but this new one is near gates 16-20, and several doors down from the Plaza Premium lounge.

Comment

No restrooms ????? They had showers in the old lounge. Very surprising, dissapointing and poor planning from my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                            No restrooms ????? They had showers in the old lounge. Very surprising, dissapointing and poor planning from my perspective.
                            Nope, they're just outside the door on the left. I was pretty surprised too.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure - I last went there in April, but this new one is near gates 16-20, and several doors down from the Plaza Premium lounge.
                              Ah ok, the old one was just next to the Plaza Premium lounge.

Comment

Without having seen a master floorplan, I'd surmise that the T shape of the new lounge tucks the larger dining area on the right branch of the T behind the old SKL J section. If so, that would mean that the lavatory and shower area of the old SKL is adjacent to the pantry area of the new SKL. In that event, SQ could revamp the lavatory and shower area of the old SKL so the decor matches the new SKL and then open that up to the new lounge. The place to do that would be the walkway beside the pantry area-- a door could be punched in there fairly easily, and the location would make sense.

Remains to be seen... but it would be unusual, wouldn't it, to have such a big and nice SKL without showers, nevermind lavs. So I suspect they're going in this direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X