No announcement yet.

[HKG] SKL at HKIA (post-renovation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haagen-Dazs is the staple for BKK's SKL.

Can't comment on the TG side as I only use the TG lounges for showering after seeing their F&B selection once or twice.

Comment

Ah I'll be more specific.

In Hong Kong ice cream by lounge:

UA Lounge: Nestle
      Thai Airways: Nestle
      SKL (Singapore): Haagen Daz

UA and Thai seem to have the same kitchen, only difference is that Thai has a few extra dishes.

Comment

New SKL

New SKL at HKG opened today (09-09-09). Anyone happened to have snapped photos of it already?

Comment

Originally posted by bobtheplaneguy View Post
          New SKL at HKG opened today (09-09-09). Anyone happened to have snapped photos of it already?
          No photos. But I'm sitting in it right now, and typing from it too. And the first thing I did, after getting a water to dry out from the first sector, was sit down and login to SQtalk.

Totally revamped. I showed my transit card and BP at the desk, thinking nothing afoot, and walked in, only to find myself totally plussed (ant. non-plussed) by the lounge, getting only a few feet before going back to the boy at the desk to inquire, "I was here a week ago. This is totally different, right? I haven't lost my mind, have I?" "Yes, totally different. Please, come on in..."

So, the color scheme is very much like the new F, and the materials and such are like what you'd find at SIN T3. Somewhat oddly, there is still a front desk with two sides to pass through when entering, but both sides lead to the same room, which is a long deep room with computer terminals-- tons of them-- looking vaguely like a trading floor. (They wanted the full HKG look, no?) Behind that, is a wet bar with refreshments and a compact seating area. For additionaly seating areas, you can go fairly far to the left, and fairly far to the right, giving the whole thing a suggestion of caverns with no discernable end (Think, Indiana Jones, Episode III, catacombs of Venice scene, sans rats.) On the whole, I'd say it a marked improvement from the worn-out, wrung-out, tired old thing we all came to know, love, and hate whilst in transit on SQ 001/002. Still no ramp/airfield view. But one can't expect The World, can one?

I have only an hour before my onward flight, but that's enough time to skulk about. Seems like lots of arriving pax, overheard at the front desk, are asking, "Is this the Singapore Airlines Lounge?"

Now, shall I find a First Class section? A Private Room? With 77W's and A380's routinely plying the SIN-HKG route, I should think so. Let's go and have a look....

Comment

Haha, sounds great - keep it coming! Pity no photos, though!

Comment

No photos from the technologically un-savy. Even if I had one of those slow-response things known as a digital camera, I wouldn't have the foggiest how to upload it onto the web, nevermind using a public terminal like this one.

Oh, btw, at least these terminals are responsive, and you have a choice of computers (PC's or Mac's). The ones at T3 SKL F TPR earlier today were slower than my home computer, which is bloody dial-up of all things.

Word from the front desk as it that I'll be Flying Solo in F tonight. Lounge looks too full for that, though no obvious separation between J and F that I've found as yet. We shall see who's aboard tonight.

Incidentally, on SQ 002 SIN-HKG tonight (Wednesday), it was 4/8 in F, totally bloody full packed-in-like-well-lubricated-sardines in J, and nearly every seat taken in Y. Oddly, the TV section of KrisWorld wasn't working at all. In the Movies section, the titles of the films didn't line up with the pictures, but the films played well enough. Strange. 9V-SWL. Panasonic guys were onboard at SIN but couldn't fix the problem. Didn't hear an announcement over the PA. Addressed it with the FA, who said it was an aircraft-wide problem. No compensation offered (or requested).

Comment

Anyone want pics? Will pass through on Sunday...

Comment

Photos of the F lounge would be great!

Comment

Can you post the F menu for the HKG-SFO portion?
                    Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by graubman View Post
                      Photos of the F lounge would be great!
                      There was no separate F lounge, as far as I could see, at least not yet. There does seem to be room to expand, though.

If the lounge is shaped like a T, with the entrance at the foot of the T and the computer cubicles on the base, followed by the small wet area, then all the seating areas are across the top of the T. On the right hand side, there was quite a sizeable dining area, which seemed to have more substantial food and beverage offerings than the initial wet area you pass as you enter.

I didn't have time to see whether there are any showers. On my outbound SQ 001 a week ago, taking a shower at HKG was VERY refreshing.

Comment

MegatopLover, can you post the F menu on SQ 1?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            yes pleeaaaassseeeee! thank you!

Comment

Just passed through today. I must say I'm really impressed! Kudos to SQ for upping their game on the highly competitive HKG-SIN market, though it obviously falls way way behind what The Pier offers.

As to a section for the F class passengers, there indeed is one with a signboard outside stating reserved for Suites, First and Solitaire PPS, though I can see it's not visibly enforced.
                              The corridors really never seem to end but the only downside is that there isn't a toilet and you have to exit the lounge and it's to the left.

Comment

Photos of new HK SKL

Here is a link to some photos taken of the new lounge:

http://picasaweb.google.com/chrisksc...at=directlink#

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X