Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption Booking on SQ - Unable to change FFP Number

Hi SQ experts,

This may seem like a silly question to some of you, but hope you can assist with my questions.

I used my KF miles to redeem a trip on SQ.

My redemption booking was made using my KF number. However, my KF Elite Gold has since lapsed - now KF Silver, so I called SQ hoping to change my FFP number in my booking to another FFP where I have Star Gold Status (on OZ). I was advised that I am only able to change my FFP number if I am holding a commercial ticket. Not sure why this is so, but my questions are as follow:

1) Will there be a problem obtaining priority tag for my luggage (since my booking is now tagged to a Star Silver Status?)

Access to the KFG/Marhaba lounge in Changi shouldn't be an issue as long as I show my Star Gold status (on mobile app, no card).

2) My return is out of FCO where SQ uses a contract lounge. Will I still be able to obtain priority tag for my luggage by showing my Star Gold status even though my booking shows KF Silver? And will I be able to gain access to the contract lounge simply by showing my Star Gold status?

The SQ call centre agent was unable to confirm any of the above. I encountered similar situations previously with contract lounges overseas where they denied me access because my boarding pass did not show *G on it... The T&Cs in Star Alliance website clearly says I am eligible as long as I can produce proof of my Star Gold status, but apparently not all Star carriers abide by it.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem on redemptions. You can change your FFP during OLCI from a desktop. *G status shows up fine.

Don't OLCI from the app as it doesn't allow you to change the FFP (at least for the Android app).

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      I have the same problem on redemptions. You can change your FFP during OLCI from a desktop. *G status shows up fine.

Don't OLCI from the app as it doesn't allow you to change the FFP (at least for the Android app).
      Thanks Savage25 for the advice. I'll try it out when OLCI opens.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
        Thanks Savage25 for the advice. I'll try it out when OLCI opens.
        Savage25, as recommended, I followed your recommendations when OLCI started, and was able to change my FFP details in my booking.

Before that change could be done, I had to follow a link to add my OZ FFP number into my profile. Once that was done, I was even able to change the details for another redemption booking (separate PNR) that hadn't opened for OLCI.

I assume that could be the cause of the earlier issues I had - my OZ FFP wasn't listed in my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
          Hi SQ experts,

This may seem like a silly question to some of you, but hope you can assist with my questions.

I used my KF miles to redeem a trip on SQ.

My redemption booking was made using my KF number. However, my KF Elite Gold has since lapsed - now KF Silver, so I called SQ hoping to change my FFP number in my booking to another FFP where I have Star Gold Status (on OZ). I was advised that I am only able to change my FFP number if I am holding a commercial ticket. Not sure why this is so, but my questions are as follow:

1) Will there be a problem obtaining priority tag for my luggage (since my booking is now tagged to a Star Silver Status?)

Access to the KFG/Marhaba lounge in Changi shouldn't be an issue as long as I show my Star Gold status (on mobile app, no card).

2) My return is out of FCO where SQ uses a contract lounge. Will I still be able to obtain priority tag for my luggage by showing my Star Gold status even though my booking shows KF Silver? And will I be able to gain access to the contract lounge simply by showing my Star Gold status?

The SQ call centre agent was unable to confirm any of the above. I encountered similar situations previously with contract lounges overseas where they denied me access because my boarding pass did not show *G on it... The T&Cs in Star Alliance website clearly says I am eligible as long as I can produce proof of my Star Gold status, but apparently not all Star carriers abide by it.

Thanks in advance!
          Just show your OZ card when you check in.
          visit my blog

Comment

I have a LM (Lifemiles) booking on SQ for 2020 from Japan to SIN in J and was able to manage the booking via SQ site and update the FFP from Avianca to SQ KF and now the booking does show under my SQ bookings (before had to access via entering record locator each time).

Comment

Working...
            X