Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 SQ Capts on Local terms sacked for refusing A330 conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for those A350s!
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
      Per se, if you will treat the flight decks independently, it is hard to compare. However, what I'm trying to say is there is more commonality between modern Airbus aircrafts than modern Boeing aircrafts. That means it will take less time to re-learn how to use an A330 or A340 when you were accustomed to an A320 than say how to use a B747, B767 or B777 when you learned how to operate a B737. On that count, it is a bit easier to use Airbus than Boeing. Financially, training costs are lower because you don't have to retrain you pilots as much and for the pilots, the new manuals you will have to read are thinner and the amount of time spent on re-training will be shorter.

When business picks up again and these pilots get re-assigned to the A345, they are 80-90% ready after having gone through an A330 training.
      Yes, the flight decks are similiar to each other. That's what I said in post #4. When you said that the A330s were "easier" to fly, I took it as you meant they were easier to handle in flight.

For the A330 and A340, the major visible diff is the throttle quadrant. For the A320 and A340, there is some minor diff in the FMGC.

Comment

Of course there will be at least some slight differences, hence the "80-90%" readiness in handling an A345 I cited one will have after learning an A330 rather than 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
          Can't wait for those A350s!
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by G_G View Post
            +1
            I'm still pretty much on the fence with the composite material wings on the 350's and 787's... Seen the vids on the test flight (787) and man do those wings flex!!! I mean that was during normal weather, what about during turbulence or bad wind shear??
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              one thing is that PPRUNE may not be entirely true n give it a benefit of a doubt as there have been instances of mis-information but given its more a "pilot rumour" site - but if its true than the pilots must have their own personal reason for turning the conversion down. Also note that altho SQ have leased the A333s but its for the interim only as these A333s will go when the A350s come into service - and hence the current rated A333s pilots (many from the 777 fleet) will then get back to flying a modern n supposedly newer n equivalent aircarft size to the T7s.
              Also believed that in DQ pilots' contract - if the T7s pilots go down to the A333s, their CPT basic pay will not changed n still based on the T7s.
              What ever personal reason. The pilot may be too lazy to pick up new skill. Who can be sure SQ will be change their fleet to more Airbus product?

Comment

Working...
              X