9V-SMF "world's largest 744 fleet" info request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SMF "world's largest 744 fleet" info request

I believe for some time, SQ put on the "World's Largest 747-400 Fleet" stickers on 9V-SMF. Someone posted a photo on another thread:

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
    If you like the classic & the oldies of SQ, here are some more...

However, there doesn't seem to be any more photos of this plane on the web - I mean 9V-SMF wearing those titles. Would anyone here have any more photos? Did this plane wear this sticker on both sides?

I would like to make a custom model of this aircraft but I have no reference other than the photo above. No model of this particular aircraft with the said titles likewise exist.

Many thanks in advance for any photos or leads.

believed there was a "1,000th" 744 emblazoned on a SQ 744 before

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      believed there was a "1,000th" 744 emblazoned on a SQ 744 before
      Yep, it was on 9V-SMU, which is currently SQ's oldest aircraft and still flying. However the "1,000th" sticker is history.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Besides the
        - "world's largest 747-400 fleet" and
        - "1000th 744" logos,

I believe there was also one with
        - the "longest non-stop distance flown"....unfortunately this was quite short lived. Can anyone confirm the exact wordings as this was about 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post
          Besides the
          - "world's largest 747-400 fleet" and
          - "1000th 744" logos,

I believe there was also one with
          - the "longest non-stop distance flown"....unfortunately this was quite short lived. Can anyone confirm the exact wordings as this was about 10 years ago.
          Well, at least the 1000th 744 had all these models to remind us of it:
          http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...odelsPageSize=

What route was the "longest nonstop..." for?

Comment

Looking at the picture, I miss "Megatop" sticker more than "World's Largest" sticker.

Comment

It seems as though there really aren't many photos of these birds, even at SQ. Or at least they do not want it released to the public.

Wrote to them recently:
              "...I would like to ask some info about a specific aircraft
              you had in your fleet - a 747-400 registered 9V-SMF. I believe that at one time it carried the "World's Largest 747-400 Fleet" stickers. However, I could not find any photo on the web, nor is there any plastic or diecast model of that particular plane. I would appreciate if you could hand me down some info or photos of the said plane as I would like to make a model of it. I am a diecast model collector ... Thanks in advance for any info or photos..."

And their response was:
              "...We refer to your request on 18 November 2009 for a photo of SIA's plane with the 'World's Largest 747-400 Fleet' stickers. We regret that we are unable to help you as we do not have the photograph in our repository.

Thank you for your interest and support of Singapore Airlines..."

A few years back, I was told by a staff that SQ had published a book detailing its history and milestones, which perhaps might have some rare photos. Anyone know more about this?

Comment

Actually - if SQ was run anything like the way the company I work for is run, you can bet the materials are gone, due to records retention policies. Most companies don't like to keep them for very long.

Comment

Working...
                X