A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I thought that China actively discourages transits in the motherland, so doubt that's possible... (Unless on Chinese metal)
    Didn't 9W at one point fly to SFO via PVG? Well, I guess that takes care of SQ picking up US-bound pax mainland Chinese pax from their own airports

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    SIN-EWR & LAX?

When SQ announce withdrawal of 5xA345 they also announced order for 5xA380.

If you read the forums, A380 can almost do the nonstop flights

With improvements....
    Uh oh, are they gonna try to go for the world record with an A380-XXXER??!
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      SIN-EWR & LAX?

When SQ announce withdrawal of 5xA345 they also announced order for 5xA380.

If you read the forums, A380 can almost do the nonstop flights

With improvements....
      Wow! That's radical! How much pax would they need to shed? According to Wiki the newer a388's designed range of 8,300nm and co-incidentally SIN-EWR is about 8,300nm!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Wow! That's radical! How much pax would they need to shed? According to Wiki the newer a388's designed range of 8,300nm and co-incidentally SIN-EWR is about 8,300nm!
        If you believe, on this thread..

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10513

... the answer to the question posed by...

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
        Can the 380 do HKG-SFO non-stop?
        Originally posted by zvezda View Post

Yes, and vice-versa, no problem. The WhaleJet can fly SIN-SFO nonstop, no problem, but not SFO-SIN (yet). The improved WhaleJets that will be delivered starting in 2012 or 2013 will be able to fly SFO/LAX/NYC-SIN nonstop with reasonable payload limitations and I expect SQ will exercise their 6 options specifically to do so.

Comment

• Just exchanged emails with a SQ captain friend. He doesn't fly 380s but he feels it'll be a real stretch to get it to fly SIN-EWRvv. But not impossible it would seem. These pilots like to talk with so many caveats, they sound like my lawyer.

Perhaps we should start a petition to SQ.

Comment

• Sorry if this is in the wrong thread;

Is there something wrong with 9V-SKL ?

Today SQ237 was operated by 77W (9V-SWR) and SQ227 was operated by 773 (9V-SYG), however SQ217 coming in tonight will still operate with A388 (9V-SKH)

Comment

• The databases show SKL out of action for a week it seems. Whether it was intended to fly SQ227 I don't know. Both MEL flights are usually SKA-K upper-deck Y series.

SYG is certainly out of place on SQ227. SQ237 often gets a 77W now and then on a random basis. The two might have been linked, but SYG is also replacing SQ228 today as well- they could have had it return as SQ238 and had the 77W wait to become SQ228.

Comment

• 9V-SKL is grounded due to some damage suffered during maintenance
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• see..http://www.jacdec.de/news/news.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by coldastone72 View Post
                    OT, but did you guys note the near collision between 9V-SYI and VH-NXQ 300km north of Perth just a few days ago?!
                    Last edited by CarbonMan; 30 October 2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• SQ's FB page states that there will be an announcement on exciting new developments to the network later today. What might that be? Lets's speculate...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        SQ's FB page states that there will be an announcement on exciting new developments to the network later today. What might that be? Lets's speculate...
                        Server upgrade?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          Server upgrade?

You've just been jabbing at them...here...AND there...
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• I suspect they'll be offering flights without lights. There's a perception that you get more than you expect when there's a blackout. The customers will be happy - btw this is a Malaysian invention, not a Singaporean one- just to clear the air in case any argument starts on that matter

Comment

• New 77W routes? deliveries will be starting soon.

Comment

• As hinted to on the FB site, the expansion is in Indonesia, including a nice early morning departure to DPS and a much-needed 6pm return from CGK (I've spent way too many evenings in Esplanade Lounge waiting for the 7pm after missing the 5pm).

http://airlineroute.net/2013/05/07/sq-jul13/

Comment

Working...
                                X