SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 11th January 2019, 10:33 PM   #166
9V-SKU
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: Solitaire PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Final View Post
Nice surprise today, SQ 959 being served by 77W instead of those ratty old 773s. Anyone know why?

One positive new development for PPS members at the new terminal is that they board strictly by groups. When flying eco as PPS, this means you get to your seat (and empty overhead bins) way before others.
Thatís good news. Did you have to tell them that youíre PPS or did they pick it up from the boarding pass?
9V-SKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2019, 10:44 PM   #167
BlinkJet
SQTalker

Quote:
Nice surprise today, SQ 959 being served by 77W instead of those ratty old 773s. Anyone know why?

One positive new development for PPS members at the new terminal is that they board strictly by groups. When flying eco as PPS, this means you get to your seat (and empty overhead bins) way before others.
No idea why, but managed to snag one of the PEY seats

But the queue system is not optimal (or rather, the overall gate design is poor). All pax (including F/J pax) have to queue in the open passageway as airport buggys force their way through to Gates 1-4.
BlinkJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 02:40 PM   #168
Short Final
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SKU View Post
Thatís good news. Did you have to tell them that youíre PPS or did they pick it up from the boarding pass?
They check your boarding pass as you queue, so they are enforcing the group boarding system quite tightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkJet View Post
No idea why, but managed to snag one of the PEY seats

But the queue system is not optimal (or rather, the overall gate design is poor). All pax (including F/J pax) have to queue in the open passageway as airport buggys force their way through to Gates 1-4.
Yes, there is the downside of having to queue now.
Short Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 03:45 AM   #169
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:

The only reason I would think CGK would use a 77W is because one of the 773 could be out for maintenance. Apparently, it wasn't just SQ958/959 (Operated by 9V-SWV). It was also SQ950/953, operated by 9V-SWG and SQ966/967 operated by 9V-SWV which did the earlier afternoon CGK flight.

We've seen a couple of cases where it was operated by 9V-SWT in place of a 773 in maintenance and once that 773 returned to service, SWT went in for its maintenance/cabin refit.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 03:11 PM   #170
davidfusq
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
The only reason I would think CGK would use a 77W is because one of the 773 could be out for maintenance. Apparently, it wasn't just SQ958/959 (Operated by 9V-SWV). It was also SQ950/953, operated by 9V-SWG and SQ966/967 operated by 9V-SWV which did the earlier afternoon CGK flight.

We've seen a couple of cases where it was operated by 9V-SWT in place of a 773 in maintenance and once that 773 returned to service, SWT went in for its maintenance/cabin refit.
I checked FR24 and it seems one of the 773 Reg 9V-SYF was out of operation from 8 - 12 Jan.
davidfusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 03:40 PM   #171
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfusq View Post
I checked FR24 and it seems one of the 773 Reg 9V-SYF was out of operation from 8 - 12 Jan.
Yeah that explains it.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2019, 11:17 AM   #172
SporeAir
SQTalker

Any idea if USD15/20 meal voucher is still given to Y pax on partner *G at T3 CGK?
Or nothing at all...
SporeAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2019, 01:11 PM   #173
Boy
SQTalker

Thumbs up Plaza Premium Lounge for *G Y passengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporeAir View Post
Any idea if USD15/20 meal voucher is still given to Y pax on partner *G at T3 CGK?
Or nothing at all...
You can still opt for it (IDR 150,000), but the default for *G economy passengers is now the Plaza Premium Lounge (also called Sapphire Lounge) near Gate 5. My flight yesterday departed at Gate 5, so it's quite convenient.

The invitation is printed on the boarding pass, so they no longer issue a separate invitation paper.

The lounge (and the gate area) is a bit warm for my liking, but it is a huge improvement over the Pura Indah situation at Terminal 2, so I'm happy it turned out this way.

I asked the check in staff about the voucher, and it's still available if you want it. I doubt they really check if you want to use both the voucher and the lounge.
Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 10:23 PM   #174
lingua101
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy View Post

The invitation is printed on the boarding pass, so they no longer issue a separate invitation paper.
I guess this will be a problem if I want to clock the miles to KF which I have no status but want to use another *G
Old 12th February 2019, 02:19 PM   #175
marcyeo
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy View Post
You can still opt for it (IDR 150,000), but the default for *G economy passengers is now the Plaza Premium Lounge (also called Sapphire Lounge) near Gate 5. My flight yesterday departed at Gate 5, so it's quite convenient.

The lounge (and the gate area) is a bit warm for my liking, but it is a huge improvement over the Pura Indah situation at Terminal 2, so I'm happy it turned out this way.

I asked the check in staff about the voucher, and it's still available if you want it. I doubt they really check if you want to use both the voucher and the lounge.
i was there and i found it warm too. the only cool place was near the end corner where the food is
marcyeo is offline   Reply With Quote