Die, die, must try! -- Eating outside Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
    Try the In-N-Out near LAX, munch on a burger and see planes landing on 25L.

Tried that and I snapped pictures on six airplanes (but my sister erased the pictures )
    Definitely the best InO location, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      ...The bagel (or "beigel", to be precise ) shop is good by London standards, but I'm too conditioned by Noo Yawk, so it doesn't make my recommended list. The main thing that recommends it is that it's a ritual for LON SIN Do's, thanks to the beautiful cawhite.
      Beigels & brownies!!!! Ya, you can't compare them to NYC bagels...not the same...but they're the best beigels (or bagels) I've had in LON (admittedly the company may have had something to do with it )

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
        For steak? It's Gibsons (I used to favour the Rush St location over Rosemont, but now that I've gotten to know a few people at the Rosemont location, I like them equally )
        Is that where we're going on my next visit?

First post updated up to here.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Is that where we're going on my next visit?

First post updated up to here.
          Is that were you want to dine on your next visit?

Comment

Is that were you want to dine on your next visit?
            I'm hoping that my next visit will require two dining events!

(I do enjoy a good steak, even if I might suffer guilt pangs about the indulgence afterwards. )

Comment

I'm hoping that my next visit will require two dining events!

(I do enjoy a good steak, even if I might suffer guilt pangs about the indulgence afterwards. )
              Absolutely!
              Last edited by cawhite; 21 December 2006, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Definitely for prime rib in Chicago, IMO...Lawry's it is. A few others here will probably agree with me on that... For steak? It's Gibsons (I used to favour the Rush St location over Rosemont, but now that I've gotten to know a few people at the Rosemont location, I like them equally )
                *takes note for next visit* Thanks!
                Rush St has lots of cool places I noticed. I enjoyed chi-town thoroughly. Hope to see you there next time though.

Oh and theres this cute little place at Andersonville with good burgers. Think it's called Mary's but I can't remember the exact location... Added it into my Chicago post anyhoo to spare our beloved thread keeper some effort.
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 December 2006, 05:53 AM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Added it into my Chicago post anyhoo to spare our beloved thread keeper some effort.
                  You mean you spared yourself some effort, 'coz you know you would've received a PM.

Comment

You mean you spared yourself some effort, 'coz you know you would've received a PM.
                    You'd have to send that PM first.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      ... Hope to see you there next time though. ...
                      Definitely

Comment

Well, about time an SQTalker from France spoke up! I was wondering why y'all were hiding your gastronomic recommendations from us. Thanks, MadameConcorde; I have noted your recommendation in the first post.

Quick clarification: is the cuisine traditional or modern? Which region is favored? I felt more than a bit guilty about the label 'French' because that seems too monolithic a term for such a varied cuisine.

OK, now a shout goes out to the Sydneysiders (and Sydney fans) on this board (no snide remarks from you, KeithMEL). Surely you can recommend a place? (I'm heading there some time next year, for the first time, so I want to impress my friend with some options when we brainstorm on where to break our diets. )

Comment

Madrid, Bilbao & Basque Country

Spanish
                          Arzak (San Sebastián)
                          Martín Berasategui (San Sebastián)

Basque
                          Bokado (Madrid)
                          Last edited by globetrekker84; 22 December 2006, 07:41 AM. Reason: I don't want to create one post for one city and one restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                            Guess my recommendations weren't good enough (or the rest of my places that haven't been updated)?
                            I've written them down, sir, don't worry. But it's hard to link to your post because it isn't that user-friendly: lots of cities included, so if I link to it, someone interested in Sydney would have to scroll past all the other places. Know what I mean?

Up to now, I'm still trying to figure out how to link to your post without relegating you to a generalized post (thereby weakening your recommendations) at the very bottom of the index (that's where shotgun posts go: see what KeithMEL did with his recommendations, and how I was able to keep them apart in the index? ).

Comment

Some of my favourite establishments in Sydney:

Cafe Sydney (rooftop of Customs House, Circular Quay)
                              Aria Restaurant by Matt Moran - member of SQ Culinary Panel/Council/whatever (East Circular Quay, edge of Sydney Harbour)
                              Kirketon Dining Room (Darlinghurst Rd, Darlinghurst)
                              Kingsleys Steakhouse (Lime St, King St Wharf)

Snide remarks about Sydney not included as per request. *coughs violently*
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 March 2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                                ...I already went there for dinner so I know what I am talking about....
                                I would hope anyone making recommendations in this thread can say the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X