State of Emergency in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    Nothing to worry about,.... Thailand is a Happy nation....

Btw, all clubs and bars closes at 2 am as requested by the authorities ....
    Thanks, kapitan!

Comment

• Just came back last night after two days around central Bangkok, you'll not notice anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        Just came back last night after two days around central Bangkok, you'll not notice anything.
        Hey that was when I was there...just flew back last night. We may have been on the same flight!

I was on SQ979 BKK-SIN, scheduled for 6.30pm departure, although we were a little delayed taking off as flight operations were halted for a few minutes on account of the thunderstorm over the airport.

When we finally took off in the rain, it was the most powerful A330 take-off I had ever experienced. I was sitting in the back and the engines were LOUD (Like 777 loud...). Take-off angle was steeper than usual too. And while climbing out, we passed through a squall which really rocked the plane, literally lifting our bums off the seats into the seatbelts for a brief instant (thankfully all were still belted as this was during initial climb out). All this time the full cabin was deathly silent...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          Hey that was when I was there...just flew back last night. We may have been on the same flight!

I was on SQ979 BKK-SIN, scheduled for 6.30pm departure, although we were a little delayed taking off as flight operations were halted for a few minutes on account of the thunderstorm over the airport.

When we finally took off in the rain, it was the most powerful A330 take-off I had ever experienced. I was sitting in the back and the engines were LOUD (Like 777 loud...). Take-off angle was steeper than usual too. And while climbing out, we passed through a squall which really rocked the plane, literally lifting our bums off the seats into the seatbelts for a brief instant (thankfully all were still belted as this was during initial climb out). All this time the full cabin was deathly silent...

Different flight.... I was on TG401 @ 19:40.

We pushed back around 45min late because the rain got heavier just before 7pm. I knew we were going to be late as soon as the crew arrived 20-min before scheduled departure. Could have had longer in the lounge The problem was I was in TG's D1 Lounge instead of my normal C2 lounge so I didn't have a chance to view boarding (or non-boarding) prior to getting to the gate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            So the coup is just a temporary measure for a few weeks or months 'to prevent civil war' and they will make preparations for fresh elections, after a number of 'reforms', which is Thai speak for jailing Thaksin supporterting MP's or banning them from standing under some trumped up charge or other...

So if they are only in temporary charge before fresh elections, why do the army feel the need to get involved in big ticket infrastructure decisions ?. Well, what 'allegedly' happens when large infrastructure contracts are handed out in Thailand ?. That's right, large brown envelopes change hands and/or bank accounts in Switzerland or elsewhere suddenly have large balance increases. As a friend in Thailand commented during the last coup : The other side just want 'their bit', which they don't get when Thaksins lot are in power...
            Well I never......

Thailand's ruling junta has approved a $23 billion (£13.6bn) transport project ......

At least Prayuth himself actually turned up to claim the glory, and of course whatever any other benefits happen to come his way...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rail-link-23bn

Comment

Working...
            X