Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are all Singapore Airlines 777-200ER but some with derated engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    Electronic Flight Bag. Until very recently, pilots had to carry around a huge briefcase of books containing data on airports, flight paths, etc. Making this electronic is a nice weight savings and convenience for pilots.
    Here are some video examples featuring the EFB, for our friend FN-GM to have an idea of what it looks like

Here the Capt. turns on the EFB at 0:35 seconds into the video.

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

The Capt. can even calculate takeoff speeds easily.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

The Capt. can even write up Trip Reports with it! (listen in at 1:25)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    I AGREE

Last but not least, you can't play Knock-knock, who's there? because the Capt. can see you! (watch at 1:07)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    I AGREE

It is a revolutionary tool indeed for the pilots!
    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

With SRN and SQI's engines re-rated to fly AKL and CHC, are they considered Trent 892s now or still 884?

Comment

Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
          With SRN and SQI's engines re-rated to fly AKL and CHC, are they considered Trent 892s now or still 884?

Comment

884 = Derated 892

Comment

Working...
            X