Saver availability but not standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saver availability but not standard?

Looking at business class availability for HKG-SIN-PER in May next year, it looks like the flights I'm after have the following availability:
    HKG-SIN 3 saver, 0 standard
    SIN-PER 2 saver, 3 standard

The problem is I need 3 seats, so I would like to book 2 savers and 1 standard. But I'm concerned that if I book the 2 savers, I won't be able to book the third seat.

Any ideas/suggestions?

The first two things that spring to mind are have you called them and do you have any status with SQ ?.

I recently wanted to upgrade J to F on SQ11 LAX-SIN. There was zero *A award seats showing and no saver availability either. So I called KF and asked if I could upgrade, thinking at least I would be able to waitlist as a TPP. Their systems were down so they asked could they call me back, and they did, 15 minutes later advising the upgrade was confirmed and the email confirmation was on it's way. Superb service, and a welcome and refreshing change from their attitude over recent years.

Comment

I haven't called them (yet) and I have no status with SQ.

Playing around with online bookings it looks like I should be able to book a saver seat on one leg and a standard seat on the other, and pay the standard rate for the overall booking. So I guess it won't be a problem.

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

If you book via telephone, you will not get the 15% discount in miles.

However, if there is a fault with their online booking and you need their assistance, they still give you the 15% discount (happened to me once) - provided you tell them you had tried.

Online booking does not provide option for you to put yourself on wait-list but phone booking does.

I was also told by SQ that for online upgrading of tickets, the upgrade button will only show if a seat is available.

Hope these info help.

Comment

In the end it was a non-issue. When it came time to book, there was standard availability on both flights.

Comment

Originally posted by StevePER View Post
            In the end it was a non-issue. When it came time to book, there was standard availability on both flights.
            Glad it turned out to be a happy ending.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
            X