No announcement yet.

Is VS Clubhouse Access over??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has simply taken away any possible redeming feature of flying out of LHR with SQ for me.

I have used VS metal a few times before and frankly was less than impressed. Whilst I appreciate they don't operate a F cabin, the VS C service on board is patchy at best, and shockingly bad at worst by comparison. A decent lounge on the ground doesn't make up for the fact that sometimes you think your flying "Air Little Britain" and certainly doesn't inspire me to consider flying them ever again.

I had the misfortune some months ago in having to spend 4 hours in the SKL F. It was so boring that even my book, which had started off promising, got infected and became dull. I'm sure that most people who use it are *G hiding from the RCC lounge. SQ won't mind that I'm sure, afterall they can bill United.

I'm sure that VS and SQ only did this because eligible pax would ever use the SKL in preference to the VSCH. But in doing so they have reduced the F experience further and at a time when premium cabins are hard to fill, maybe this wasn't the smartest move as there are heaps of other options on sectors that gateway through Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
      Back on track:
      Shame that one must now fly VS to gain access to VS CH. Oh, actually QR also uses the VS CH so if one can find a decent fare on QR, that should be a nice alternative to actually flying VS!
      QR fares are very affordable. Destination miles but no status miles for our *Gold boy!

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Oh, actually QR also uses the VS CH so if one can find a decent fare on QR, that should be a nice alternative to actually flying VS!
        Unless it's changed recently, only QR F pax are allowed to use the CH. QR's elites and J pax use the crap Servisair lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Centurionman View Post
          A decent lounge on the ground doesn't make up for the fact that sometimes you think your flying "Air Little Britain" and certainly doesn't inspire me to consider flying them ever again.
          With Carol Beer as your flight attendant?

Is VS really that awful? I'm saving up AMEX points to fly UC. I've heard really mixed reviews. I suppose I should experience it for myself either way, given they're one of the cheapest redemption options for LHR-Oz.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Not always! Before SQ321.

LHR VS CH:

LHR SKL C:

Excellent photos jhm! What lenses are you using? Thanks for reminding us what a useless lounge the SKL in LHR is!

I was at VSCH on Friday evening before my SQ319, the lounge wasn't crowded at all. I suppose the timing of visit to the CH is also a factor. I chatted with the staff at the entrance of VSCH, they have yet to receive any instructions on the new restrictions for SQ KFG pax on SQ metal.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              With Carol Beer as your flight attendant?

Is VS really that awful? I'm saving up AMEX points to fly UC. I've heard really mixed reviews. I suppose I should experience it for myself either way, given they're one of the cheapest redemption options for LHR-Oz.
              Well, I find them a mixed bag. Firstly the lounges are excellent. I like them heaps comparatively speaking. Things to do and decent meals to be had in them. Check in is usually painless too, and everything seems to go so well right up to the point that you get on the plane.

The food onboard can be terrible. I'm not a fussy guy but have refused two meals on the basis they were entirely inedible. The strange thing being that even the crew agreed with me and went foraging to find alternatives. Amenity kits are poor and have declined in the last few years. Although they still provide PJ's which are more comfy than SQ imo.

The entertainment systems fine, the equipment is showing its age but does the job admirably, its more a case of the crew service being so much of a gamble. I just find the whole in flight crew experience to be like sitting in a nice seat in Y.

Seriously though, its not that bad. It just a good product, its just let down a little by the crews and food from time to time.

Comment

Aaargh!! I'll be flying out ouf LHR in June, so will miss the deadline by about a month.

Comment

T3 Lounges

I'd highly recommend the EK lounge at T3, which also has the added advantage of boarding direct from the lounge. The food and wines are far superior to SKL F also.

Comment

Originally posted by philipat View Post
                    I'd highly recommend the EK lounge at T3, which also has the added advantage of boarding direct from the lounge. The food and wines are far superior to SKL F also.
                    How is one supposed to access the EK lounge if flying on SQ, let alone board direct from it ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      How is one supposed to access the EK lounge if flying on SQ, let alone board direct from it ?.
                      I very much doubt that actually making sense was one of his top priorities...

Comment

No dice in LHR T3 yesterday - they were apologetic, but that was that

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          No dice in LHR T3 yesterday - they were apologetic, but that was that
                          That's the worst news.

With F class fares on SQ being so high (50% more) comparative to the EK F in suites fares this lounge change might just have been the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

Comment

I used the SKFL in LHR T3 this past weekend. Sure it's not a "wonderlounge" type a la VSCH. But I can't complain about the F&B offerings--the curried haddock with rice was actually better than the kedgeree served onboard in F (and ot: nobody makes kedgeree like my mom makes em ).

Plus, with a total of only three of us using it at the time makes it feel just a tad more exclusive
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Was there on Saturday and stepped both into the SKL and SAS Lounge. Like someone else said earlier, I think the SAS lounge is a little bit more interesting and lively.

Both are a far cry from what VSCH offers ... real shame it's off limits now

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                                Excellent photos jhm! What lenses are you using? Thanks for reminding us what a useless lounge the SKL in LHR is!
                                I was using a Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L. Some vignetting visible, I must have forgotten to change the filter.

Comment

Working...
                                X