No announcement yet.

[SFO] VS - Clubhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to report that as I got to SFO airport for check-in just 50 mins before departure, I was not able to attempt a visit the VS Clubhouse.

J

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Sorry to report that as I got to SFO airport for check-in just 50 mins before departure, I was not able to attempt a visit the VS Clubhouse.

J

Heck, 50 min's still more than me. I got there just as they were about to close the flight. And boy was that close! Managed to just enter the CH to test if I could access and came out!

Hope you had a good trip on SQ15 though! Which bird was it?

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
        Heck, 50 min's still more than me. I got there just as they were about to close the flight. And boy was that close! Managed to just enter the CH to test if I could access and came out!

Hope you had a good trip on SQ15 though! Which bird was it?
        I did thanks. I was on SWG.

I'm on SQ 16/15 again next week, so will have another opportunity to try the CH.

Comment

VX F pax can use it now for $40/entry. A bit steep imo

http://www.virginamerica.com/va/news...More&pageName=

Virgin America presents yet another reason to fall in love with flying: Our guests in first class may now enjoy the SFO Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. This is a stylish retreat where you can catch up on work, get caught up on the latest newspapers and magazines, zone out in front of the TV, enjoy delicious food, or simply unwind at the full bar overlooking fabulous views of the Bay.

The Clubhouse at SFO Pass includes:
          • Wi-Fi access
          • Business Center
          • Full bar
          • Showers
          • Juice & Coffee/Espresso
          • Snacks & Sandwiches
          • Magazines & Newspapers

his is first class luxury and it's all yours for only $40 per visit. To get your pass, just go to the Virgin America first class check-in counter or call 877.Fly.Virgin The Clubhouse operates from 5:00am PT - 10:30pm PT.

Comment

Clubhouse Freedom Menu

Ahhh...beat me to it, 9V-JKL.

Can anyone confirm that they're still doing the Freedom Menu at SFO and if so, does anyone have a recent menu? I searched Google and found a post on V-Flyer that the individual only got a hot dog with onions. Pretty funny, I thought. But if there's decent food in there, I'll spring for the $40. If not, I'll cruise over to the NWA lounge. Thanks.
            HUGE AL

Comment

The SFO Clubhouse, has always been a favourite with V-Flyers. Like all of Virgin's overseas facilities, it was hit by the decision a couple of years ago to out-source staff.

Recently however, one of the best members of staff from the old days, who was dumped during the outsourcing; has been re-hired, and things appear to be looking up.

In answer to the original question, I have read the TR you refer to, and am guessing that the sandwich was his meal of choice. No one else has mentioned a deterioration of the food service, and I am pretty sure they would have, as it is a well used Clubhouse by V-Flyers.

Some people choose to eat lightly in the CH and then have a full meal on board - for others, the opposite is true. (Virgin's on board UC food is subject of variable reviews, and is not to everyone's taste.)

If I was offered CH entry at SFO for $40 I would jump at it every time, (depending on how much time I have at the airport) - the CH is landside, so if the security queues are long, you have to bear this in mind when leaving to catch the plane.

Edit to add: Having re-read the Virgin America offer. it only talks about 'snacks and sandwiches'. Thinking about it. The CH has only previously been open for the three hours prior to the departure of the VS020. If these opening times have been extending to allow access to Virgin America First Class pax, it doesn't necessarily follow that the chef's hours have also been extended. Therefore - unless you are there in the three hours before the 5.25pm departure of VS020, you may only have a limited menu.

Nick
              Last edited by Nottingham Nick; 28 February 2008, 08:17 PM. Reason: to add post script.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Ahhh...beat me to it, 9V-JKL.
                Nah......I actually stumbled upon it when looking at VX for flights

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Nah......I actually stumbled upon it when looking at VX for flights
                  You know I'm their biggest fan. If I can help with anything, please let me know.

Back on topic: I'm sitting in the SFO Clubhouse right now waiting for the last flight so I can insure that taipeiflyer and I can drink some nice beverages (sorry KeithMEL) this evening.

Lots of things I can now confirm from the VX standpoint:

Once you have paid the $40 fee, you will be issued an additional BP with "CLUBHOUSE" hand written on it (kinda funny if you ask me):

Surrender it to the Lounge Dragon and you're in.

As Nottingham Nick noted, it's really only worth the fee if you're there before VS020. The Lounge Dragons confirmed that the full menu (to follow) is served from 13:00 to 16:00. However, the large influx of VX pax (there was quite a nice stack of passes when I checked in so they're making good $$$ on this benefit) combined with the VS pax makes the lounge quite full by 15:00. Read: Get there early. [Around the time I was there, they had run out of quite a few things.]

The Definition of "snacks and sandwiches": Rolled Gold Pretzels, Nature's Valley Granola Bars, Miss Vickie's Chips, Apples, Bananas, and Yoplait Yogurt.

The bar was quite nice (although quite trashed from all the people who were in there), though I wouldn't partake in any of the wines as they weren't that good. The hard liquor ("spirits") was quite a nice selection. I asked for a snifter of Pyrat XO Rum with a couple ice cubes. The bartender (who was on her first day and does come from the Sodex [sp?] outsourcing company) didn't know what it was or how to pour it so she filled the glass to the top. That was over seven shots of rum and I was quite looped by the time I boarded (another reason I'm editing this post ).

More pictures would have been taken, but the entire area was a complete mess and all the employees were cleaning it up.
                  Last edited by HUGE AL; 21 March 2008, 04:33 PM.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Yesterday's Clubhouse Menu

Dinner

Lighter bites

Seasonal leaf salad with seared tuna and wasabi vinaigrette

Fresh white corn soup served with roasted red pepper coulis

Shredded Asian salad with Indonesian-style dressing

Bigger bites

Flying Club sandwich – a frequent flyer on the menu
                    Grilled sausage and caramelized onion Panini

Rib-eye steak served with sweet ginger mashed potato
                    and balsamic reduction

Fettuccini pasta served with artichokes and almond cream sauce

Naughty but nice

Calvados tart with whipped cream

Mascarpone, berry & fruit parfait

Selection of international cheese with accompaniments

little Tipple

Wines

A selection of fine wines are available, please ask a member
                    of the team

Cocktails

Hornitos Margarita

Bacardi Punch

Apple Martini

Bombay Breeze

Virgin Kiss

Hot ‘n’ herbal

Choose from cappuccino, espresso or one of our herbal
                    or fruit infusions
                    Last edited by HUGE AL; 21 March 2008, 04:34 PM.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Nottingham Nick View Post
                      Recently however, one of the best members of staff from the old days, who was dumped during the outsourcing; has been re-hired, and things appear to be looking up.
                      Glad to hear their staff has improved. When I was last there (Mar/07), I encountered the worst lounge dragon ever, Liling Chen. Is she still working there by any chance?

Comment

VX Continued Usages of SFO Clubhouse

VX pays $30k / month to VS for the access. At around $1k per day, they are barely able to pay our 35%. As this is marked as "on a trial basis," will it continue? Hmmm...guess we'll see...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

[SFO] Virgin Clubhouse

Virgin Clubhouse at San Francisco International
                          http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqKtw

Virgin Clubhouse:
                          I was alone at the Clubhouse, as the Virgin’s flight to London Heathrow was not departing till later in the evening. The staffs were busy chatting among themselves, instead of actively asking if I need a drink. Anyway, once the lunch hours began, they were better. The lounge was super nice, but does it worth the $40? It really depends on how long you stay. I personally will love to visit the lounge if I have more than an hour and half, and also I don’t drink much, so I will use the lounge when real food is served, which is between 1pm and 6pm (or till the Virgin Atlantic flight to London was boarding). Other times, there are light snacks, such as mixed nuts, granola bars, whole pieces of fruits, and light snacks provided. Not very impressive at all! Free wireless Internet connection is available, and you need a password, which you will find throughout the lounge. I like the lounge and really love the cream of corn soup that I had, as well as the strawberry salad.

Comment

Just checking.. Do C class and EG pax still have access to SFO CH?

Comment

I was in the Clubhouse for a noontime flight to SAN last month.

All of the food on the menu was available to me, even though my flight departed before 1pm. I had a nice cheese plate (I ate light, as I was flying down for a rowing race and we had practice that afternoon).

Greg

Comment

I wanted to check out the CH at SFO before SQ15 but I forgot to read up on this thread before going to the airport.

Asked about using it at SQ checkin and the agent said 'you can't unfortunately, it's in another part of the terminal'. Annoyed with myself or not reading this now.

Comment

Working...
                                X