No announcement yet.

[HKG] VS - Clubhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I'm even more in love with anything VS now!
    Last edited by quik!; 12 January 2007, 12:52 AM.

Comment

It was a nice visit last time stopping at HKG. DFP had showered and I enjoyed the wine and snacks. Yes, the lounge is not as funky as the one at JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        DFP had showered
        Ah! Is there a shower kit to collect ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Ah! Is there a shower kit to collect ?
          I don't think there is any kit to collect in any VS lounge. Don't get me started with NH F Lounge at NRT. But at least, one of the ladies, remembered me couple days ago, when she said welcome back.

Comment

Does anyone know what time this place opens ?. I was thinking of nipping in during my SQ1 layover but fear it won't be open at that time.

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I remember vaguely that during transit of SQ1 in HKG, it is pretty early morning, and VS CH has not opened yet.

Comment

That's what I feared. I can only find a reference to it opening for the first BR flight, which to TPE is only late morning.

Looks like it's the TG lounge then. Never been there before but it's got to be better than the SKL. Only SQ can have a windowless lounge in one of the world's brightest airports that has natural light almost everywhere...

Comment

Again, it's really depending on how long is the ground time in HKG. Few times I only had an hour, or which gate SQ uses that morning. Thus running to TG lounge was not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Does anyone know what time this place opens ?. I was thinking of nipping in during my SQ1 layover but fear it won't be open at that time.
                    I am sure that this came up in a thread in TOF. I seem to remember the answer was 9am.

Comment

greetings from VS CH in HK.
                      The lounge is not really big but the open space is enjoyable. The furniture is very nice and the servica outstanding.
                      Got the shrimps wonton soup that was tasteful.

Will post my pics soon.
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I went to the HKG VS CH last week on the stop of SQ-2. Long hike, but I agree it is worth it. Got some martinis, soup and chicken tandoori with a yogurt dressing.
                        Very nice.

Comment

Having a 4 hour stop in HKG next month flying man-sin-hkg-sin-man in 2 days! on a run! In HK for 4 hours, travelling in SQ Y as EG.

Can anyone tell me where the VS CH is? Only ever been to the SKL lounge. IS it in a different terminal / wing? Do I need to clear immigration?

Cheers
                          Clowesy

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                            Can anyone tell me where the VS CH is? Only ever been to the SKL lounge. IS it in a different terminal / wing? Do I need to clear immigration?

Cheers
                            Clowesy
                            It's down at the opposite end of the terminal to the SKL, where the terminal 'forks'. Check the opening hours.

It's worth a wander down anyway as the TG lounge is near the CH and is quite a pleasant place, especially compared to the dreadful SKL there.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                              Having a 4 hour stop in HKG next month flying man-sin-hkg-sin-man in 2 days! on a run! In HK for 4 hours, travelling in SQ Y as EG.

Cheers
                              Clowesy
                              No need to clear immigration but you would need to clear "transit security". After clearing security, take the internal airport train (people mover) towards "Gate 33-80", and you will be right where the VSCH is. However, you will have to walk back to your SQ gate, and it could be a slightly long hike depending where the SQ plane is assigned to.

With 4 hours, and since you have only been to SKL, I would suggest you do a lounge hop on the 4 lounges which a KFEG has access to in HKG, namely VS, TG, UA and SQ (assuming you have the enthusiasm).

For me, both VS and TG rank highly for me in terms of ambience and food selection. And more often than not and if time permits, I will skip SKL and go straight to either VS or TG lounge whenever I am in HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post

With 4 hours, and since you have only been to SKL, I would suggest you do a lounge hop on the 4 lounges which a KFEG has access to in HKG, namely VS, TG, UA and SQ (assuming you have the enthusiasm).
                                Lounge hopping - not thought of that...TG then VS for when the VS opens after 4.30pm . UA not sure about, do they have different rules? I am on SQ in Y with KF EG status.

Looked at the pictures of TG on a web site, looks nice. Other posters have mentioned the walk - any idea of how long?

Cheers
                                Clowesy

Comment

Working...
                                X