No announcement yet.

[FRA] LH - First Class Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are so lucky! I have not had someone holding sign with my name on it for a very long time...
    Well, at least LH delivers its service, even though phaleesy says that FCT is over-rated (in other post somewhere...)

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
      Going to FCT this end of March.
      Have a silly question:
      Do we really can keep those cute yellow rubber ducks?
      Anyone can confirm this? Really want to keep them...
      Thanks
      I used the shower room (w/o bath). No rubber ducks in the room. However, I asked one of the staff if I could have one. He very kindly gave me one from a stash in the cupboard.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by phaleesy
        I forgot I would get free limo transfer on arrival. Went up on to bus and then when the bus was full, the driver came alongside the bus with a signboard with 'phaleesy' on it! So embarrassing - I had to get off.

Very strange. I do not remember posting this on SQTalk! jhm must have done some cutting and pasting.

What happened was this... I was sitting very comfortably on the bus. Just finished taking a picture of the plane we arrived on. Suddenly I saw this man walking to the window of the bus with a sign with 'Miss XXX' on it. What horror! I had clearly forgotten about the car transfer. Had to squeeze my way off the bus.

That's gaffe no. 1. Gaffe no. 2 - As expected, I walked to the driver's side of the car. Did I think I could drive the Porshe on the runway in FRA?

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        You are so lucky! I have not had someone holding sign with my name on it for a very long time...
        Just order a mini-cab at LHR. The drivers hold signs with your name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          Just order a mini-cab at LHR. The drivers hold signs with your name on it.
          Can not justify taking a private cab. The tube and Hex are the way to go for me. In addition, I don't want to take a risk of being disappointed with the driver. Many drivers have his/her prejudgement about the pax appearance.
          Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          Quote:

What happened was this... I was sitting very comfortably on the bus. Just finished taking a picture of the plane we arrived on. Suddenly I saw this man walking to the window of the bus with a sign with 'Miss XXX' on it. What horror! I had clearly forgotten about the car transfer. Had to squeeze my way off the bus.

That's gaffe no. 1. Gaffe no. 2 - As expected, I walked to the driver's side of the car. Did I think I could drive the Porshe on the runway in FRA?
          How did you feel being the center of the attention of almost all pax in the bus? I'll bet you are used to those... Did the driver offer to carry your bags? Did he open the door for you?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Can not justify taking a private cab. The tube and Hex are the way to go for me. In addition, I don't want to take a risk of being disappointed with the driver. Many drivers have his/her prejudgement about the pax appearance.

How did you feel being the center of the attention of almost all pax in the bus? I'll bet you are used to those... Did the driver offer to carry your bags? Did he open the door for you?
            Never mind about the cab drivers. Maybe next time when you come and I'm free, I'd drive to LHR to pick you up, with a signboard of course.

Don't like being the centre of attraction. I'm shy and retiring. Seriously, I just find it so embarassing!

Yes, both drivers insisted on carrying my rucksack. Yes, they both tried to open the door for me. But I think I got to the door first once. It's not like I'm disabled or something, I can do (almost) everything myself.

Comment

8-minute video (in German) of the LH FCT:

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
              No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

To all FCT users:

I would like to know assuming my departing LH flight is at 1450hrs, approximately what time will the lounge mistress come over to you and ask you to get ready for the limo ride to the plane?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                  To all FCT users:

I would like to know assuming my departing LH flight is at 1450hrs, approximately what time will the lounge mistress come over to you and ask you to get ready for the limo ride to the plane?

In my limited experience of one sample, the personal assistant came over to us about 30 minutes before departure from memory. I'm sure they would take you over earlier if you would prefer.

Comment

It's generally 20-30 minutes before. The last couple of times I have used it I have been on the 08.05 flight to MAN and she came to get me at 07.45. So for a 14.50 departure it will be 14.20-14.30ish. They should tell you when you arrive what time they will be coming to get you.

Comment

In the FCT now. Security good! Food good! Drinks good! Cigar lounge good! I could get used to this.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                        To all FCT users:

In my experience it depends on where the flight is leaving from - gate or remote stand (car leaves earlier for remote stand), how many FCT guests are on the flight (sometimes group into the same car), and time of day (evening rush means can be short of cars and drivers thus some leave a bit early and others later.

Comment

My FRA-SIN flight last night was at 10pm and they came to get me at 9.40pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                            In the FCT now. Security good! Food good! Drinks good! Cigar lounge good! I could get used to this.
                            Everything good then?

Comment

flight to MAN

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              It's generally 20-30 minutes before. The last couple of times I have used it I have been on the 08.05 flight to MAN and she came to get me at 07.45. So for a 14.50 departure it will be 14.20-14.30ish. They should tell you when you arrive what time they will be coming to get you.

Hi!

I'm new here and I found your post (above) interesting. By MAN, (and noting that you belong to the BD program), I am assuming you mean the LH flight to Manchester, UK. Question: Did you get to use the FCT lounge by virtue of an earlier flight on which you flew LH F that connected same day to MAN?

Comment

Originally posted by danduic View Post
                                Question: Did you get to use the FCT lounge by virtue of an earlier flight on which you flew LH F that connected same day to MAN?
                                Yes, that's one of the rules of the FCT : to have flown an earlier LH F or LX F flight that connected to a C flight (which doesn't have F class).

Comment

Working...
                                X