No announcement yet.

Stopover at SIN on one-way award seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopover at SIN on one-way award seat?

Hi,

Hoping to clarify with SQ experts here - I realize a stopover is not permitted on a one-way award, but does SQ make an exception for stopover at SIN if onward seats are clearly available on a following day? If so, is re-booking to alternate day possible at the TPR (if I decide to do so at the last minute upon arrival) or do you have to exit immigration and go to ticketing?

Originally posted by LifeInCMH View Post
    Hi,

Hoping to clarify with SQ experts here - I realize a stopover is not permitted on a one-way award, but does SQ make an exception for stopover at SIN if onward seats are clearly available on a following day? If so, is re-booking to alternate day possible at the TPR (if I decide to do so at the last minute upon arrival) or do you have to exit immigration and go to ticketing?
    Stopovers are permitted on a one-way award. Had 2 x SIN-CDG J savers changed to PER-SIN-CDG with a 2 week stopover in SIN.

Can't answer your question about rebooking at TPR as I did the rebooking well in advance at the office in Ion.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeInCMH View Post
      If so, is re-booking to alternate day possible at the TPR (if I decide to do so at the last minute upon arrival) or do you have to exit immigration and go to ticketing?
      As mingster says it is possible to get a stopover but am I reading this correctly and you are thinking of flying your inbound to SIN then trying to change the onward flight?. If so I can't imagine why you would want to risk waiting so close and then availability drying up.

There is a small desk in TPR on the right hand side just before the windows but there is rarely anyone there so you would need to see the staff at the desk on the right after the lounge dragons at the entrance to the SKL complex. Of course if you arrive in T2 you could go to the white ladies there instead. Again on the right after the dragons.

Comment

Stopovers on Krisflyer one-way awards are possible but not free: you must pay USD 100 and it can be SQ metal only (no star alliance flights). So HKG-SIN-FRA on SQ metal should be ok with a SIN stopover. Must be booked by phone. I haven't done this but this is what I read from multiple sources.

Comment

There's also a penalty if you try changing flights within 24 hours before departure...

Comment

Originally posted by GwailoSIN View Post
            Stopovers on Krisflyer one-way awards are possible but not free: you must pay USD 100 and it can be SQ metal only (no star alliance flights). So HKG-SIN-FRA on SQ metal should be ok with a SIN stopover. Must be booked by phone. I haven't done this but this is what I read from multiple sources.
            100% correct. I have done this a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              100% correct. I have done this a couple of times.
              Although the rules state that USD 100 must be charged, somehow it didn't apply when I did my change in person at the office in ION. Well worth the $30 fee for going in although it did take nearly an hour as the consultant wasn't entirely sure on how the process worked..

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                As mingster says it is possible to get a stopover but am I reading this correctly and you are thinking of flying your inbound to SIN then trying to change the onward flight?. If so I can't imagine why you would want to risk waiting so close and then availability drying up.

There is a small desk in TPR on the right hand side just before the windows but there is rarely anyone there so you would need to see the staff at the desk on the right after the lounge dragons at the entrance to the SKL complex. Of course if you arrive in T2 you could go to the white ladies there instead. Again on the right after the dragons.
                Thanks for the clarifications - I will only know if a stopover for me at SIN viable during the week of travel and can't commit to it right now. Also, I am somewhat concerned that the coveted JFK-FRA-SIN sector award inventory may vanish in the process of returning the original ticket and rebooking with the stopover at SIN followed by onward journey to BOM/DEL. With that in mind, I feel it may be better to rebook final sector at SIN.

Comment

Is it possible to stop over at more than 1 destination on a Saver award?
                  Eg: SYD-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Of course if you arrive in T2 you could go to the white ladies there instead. Again on the right after the dragons.
                    I did not know the white ladies yielded more power than the Asian ones.

Originally posted by mingster View Post
                    Although the rules state that USD 100 must be charged, somehow it didn't apply when I did my change in person at the office in ION. Well worth the $30 fee for going in although it did take nearly an hour as the consultant wasn't entirely sure on how the process worked..
                    My experience at ION is similar in that they tend to use a different rulebook -- many times in favor of the customer. However, that's not to say corporate doesn't step in and enforce their rules.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by rcn View Post
                      Is it possible to stop over at more than 1 destination on a Saver award?
                      Eg: SYD-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-JFK.
                      Has anyone attempted this before?

Comment

Working...
                      X