Bad experience buying from Krisshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad experience buying from Krisshop

Purchased a bottle of liquor from Krisshop online last month and scheduled the collection on an outbound flight from SIN to BKK. Failed to collect the item onboard as their crew said they have not received any instructions from Krisshop.

I contacted Krisshop immediately after leaving the aircraft and they said sorry and agreed to arrange the item for collection on my return flight from BKK to SIN 4 days later. And again, during my return flight, I didn't manage to collect the item and the same excuse was given by the crew claiming they received no instructions from Krisshop. The liquor item is a common item onboard so I asked the crew if they can just gave me the item since I was able to show them the email confirmation from Krisshop. They didn't want to stating they need to 'transact' any item leaving the aircraft, meaning they need to invoice and receive the payment immediately. The chief flight crew said he will need to pay with his own credit card to allow the item off the plane. (I should have insisted him on doing so!)

Instead, I have to make another purchase in Changi Airport DFS when I got off the plane as I needed that liquor for an occasion.

I contacted Krisshop again and was only then told my item was not arranged onboard as the earlier flight, inbound from SIN to BKK, was cancelled.

I requested they ship the item to me at a local Singapore address FOC instead since it was all due to their faults. Their reply was no as it was a 'bonded' item and gave me 3 options.

- A full refund to my credit card
    - Handover the original purchase on the future flight
    - A re-selection of other items amounting to the same value of my purchase

None of the options work in my favour as the item was bought during a promotional period and had a special discount. Also, the list price of the item has also gone up in their latest catalog.

What is really bad was the inconvenience they had brought upon and I have to end up purchasing a replacement from the airport DFS.

Originally posted by nisse View Post
    The chief flight crew said he will need to pay with his own credit card to allow the item off the plane. (I should have insisted him on doing so!)
    This sounds so presumptuous......insisting someone to buy you something because it was his "company's fault".

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
      This sounds so presumptuous......insisting someone to buy you something because it was his "company's fault".
      Go tell him he shouldn't make this kind of offer in the first place if you care about being presumptuous.

And for the 3rd time, I didn't manage to collect my item. Just took an inbound flight from SQ last week. Krisshop acknowledged they will arrange the item onboard and again the flight crew said no instructions were given to them. It's more 2 working days now and I have yet to hear a reply from them.
      Last edited by nisse; 5 October 2015, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nisse View Post
        Purchased a bottle of liquor from Krisshop online last month and scheduled the collection on an outbound flight from SIN to BKK. Failed to collect the item onboard as their crew said they have not received any instructions from Krisshop.

I contacted Krisshop immediately after leaving the aircraft and they said sorry and agreed to arrange the item for collection on my return flight from BKK to SIN 4 days later. And again, during my return flight, I didn't manage to collect the item and the same excuse was given by the crew claiming they received no instructions from Krisshop. The liquor item is a common item onboard so I asked the crew if they can just gave me the item since I was able to show them the email confirmation from Krisshop. They didn't want to stating they need to 'transact' any item leaving the aircraft, meaning they need to invoice and receive the payment immediately. The chief flight crew said he will need to pay with his own credit card to allow the item off the plane. (I should have insisted him on doing so!)

Instead, I have to make another purchase in Changi Airport DFS when I got off the plane as I needed that liquor for an occasion.

I contacted Krisshop again and was only then told my item was not arranged onboard as the earlier flight, inbound from SIN to BKK, was cancelled.

I requested they ship the item to me at a local Singapore address FOC instead since it was all due to their faults. Their reply was no as it was a 'bonded' item and gave me 3 options.

- A full refund to my credit card
        - Handover the original purchase on the future flight
        - A re-selection of other items amounting to the same value of my purchase

None of the options work in my favour as the item was bought during a promotional period and had a special discount. Also, the list price of the item has also gone up in their latest catalog.

What is really bad was the inconvenience they had brought upon and I have to end up purchasing a replacement from the airport DFS.
        I don't understand why you just don't do the refund. I also don't understand why you felt the need to take this up with the flight attendants on the aircraft. It's sounds a bit silly and short sighted to think they will just do whatever you say. All this over a promotional price for the item. Are you financially embarrassed and must have that promotional price? Is money tight? Do you only buy liquor through Kris Shop? I do hope you are over this by now?

Comment

I think to be fair to nisse, it is quite unacceptable for SQ to have failed to load his item twice.

However, what I would probably have done is to purchase the item in-flight again and then ask for a refund for the earlier on-line purchase. After all, the item was available on board. But that's on hind-sight.

Anyway, I learn from his experience not to trust such online purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
            I don't understand why you just don't do the refund. I also don't understand why you felt the need to take this up with the flight attendants on the aircraft. It's sounds a bit silly and short sighted to think they will just do whatever you say. All this over a promotional price for the item. Are you financially embarrassed and must have that promotional price? Is money tight? Do you only buy liquor through Kris Shop? I do hope you are over this by now?
            No I won't ask for refund. 2 reasons:

- Failure to load the item 3 times? This is SQ, not your any other airline.
            - Yes this was bought with good discount. I can get a refund and buy onboard. It will only cost 45% more. Would you pay for their error?

Financially embarrassed? MAYBE, but perhaps more like savvy as this is a ~$300 bottle liquor.

Comment

Working...
            X