Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ungrammatical usage of the word "Aircrafts".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ungrammatical usage of the word "Aircrafts".

It is amazing to note that one particular airline's corporate communications department and its respective appointed copywriter ostensibly didn't check their company's grammatical usage of English in their advertisements. This Middle East based airline ran a TV advertisement with the verbalisation of the word - "aircrafts", instead of "aircraft". The plural noun of "aircraft" is "aircraft". This advertisement ran for at least a year long!

Sounds like you and Stanley Fish are on the same page today.
    I replied that it was scandalous that a multi-billion-dollar world-wide telecommunication corporation would order its employees to commit an egregious (and comical) grammatical error millions of times a day.

Aspies of the world, unite!

Comment

This is a common grammatical error. 1 aircraft 2 aircraft

I am also a member of clubsnap and the irritating one there is LEN.
      1 lens 2 lenses (not 1 len, 2 lens).....

Comment

Has anyone thought that this might be done intentionally - since it seems to have caught the eye of some of you, as a marketing device, it has, by most accounts, succeeded

Comment

Well, I saw the word "aircrafts" used in MH's website!

Comment

The one that gets me is Qatar Airways slogan: "World's 5-star airline"

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post

Why? I don't see anything ungrammatical in the slogan.

Comment

No wonder Microsoft Word always corrects me when I use "aircrafts".

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post

Because QR to some people ( me included ) is far from a 5-star airline.

Comment

Working...
                  X