A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    For a different subfleet type, SQ probably wouldn't use SMx as the rego.
    But if I'm not wrong it is CAAS who issues the numbers not SQ, it like car reg numbers.

Currently, SQ does not have same plane with different configs so its not an issue. Come the A350 it may difficult as in the past SQ had 777-200 for regional and 777-200ER or 777-300 and 777-300ER with so they might have different series.

Looking at the 777-300ERs we've had 777W, 777WN and 777WR variants but the maintained the SW series until the ran out of letter and continued with SN series.

I too am interested how the regional A350s will be numbered

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post

Currently, SQ does not have same plane with different configs so its not an issue. Come the A350 it may difficult as in the past SQ had 777-200 for regional and 777-200ER or 777-300 and 777-300ER with so they might have different series.
      For the B772, SQ used to have the SQ* series for planes with First class, and SR* for planes without. Of course, now both series have been retrofitted into similar configurations.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        For the B772, SQ used to have the SQ* series for planes with First class, and SR* for planes without. Of course, now both series have been retrofitted into similar configurations.
        And SV* series for the long-haul Spacebeds, which now sport the 2006 J seat. (other than SVF......)

Comment

• Or let SQ get SMZ in the long haul config and then switch over to regional with a new letter

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
            Or let SQ get SMZ in the long haul config and then switch over to regional with a new letter
            Haha, that is a good one. That would definitely be nice.

Comment

• Would it replicate the 744 fleet? After SMZ comes SPA...

Comment

• Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                Would it replicate the 744 fleet? After SMZ comes SPA...
                That was my thought too, the ULR or regional variant to be SP* series. We shall see.

Comment

• A relative of mine who is booked on SQ51 on 01/11/2017 tells me it is showing up as a 777 on his booking. So looks like Manchester is loosing the A350.

Comment

• Just done a dummy booking and it is still showing as the A350 on the website.

Comment

• If MAN switches from A350 to 777, it's an increase in capacity right?

Comment

• Originally posted by SMARTDODO View Post
                        If MAN switches from A350 to 777, it's an increase in capacity right?
                        Yes, it's a moderate increase in capacity and adds an F cabin that the A350 doesn't have. Rumours of MAN going 77W have circulated for a while now. We shall see...

Comment

• The route did kick off with a B77W when the loads were much lower than B77W capacity. Since then the various sectors have apparently strengthened, in particular the MAN-IAH sector.

May is usually a quiet month MAN-SIN, and this may was no exception as the loads have softened to just under 140 passengers per sector each way (this does not include SIN-IAH traffic). MAN-IAH has also softened, but it comfortably over 100 passengers per sector each way so is above expectations.

My view is that a B77W is not necessary on this route, which remains 5x weekly. If having gone daily on the A350 loads and yield continue to hold up, then a decision could be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            A relative of mine who is booked on SQ51 on 01/11/2017 tells me it is showing up as a 777 on his booking. So looks like Manchester is loosing the A350.
                            I have a contact within SQ and their internal system is not showing anything but the A350 for any day in the future for MAN, including on the 1st November.

Comment

• I wonder if it a website glitch on the booking? When I searched a dummy flight before it still showed an A350.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                A relative of mine who is booked on SQ51 on 01/11/2017 tells me it is showing up as a 777 on his booking. So looks like Manchester is loosing the A350.
                                I was looking at both ExpertFlyer and SQ's website doing a dummy booking for your query. No sign of 77W at all, still A359.

Comment

Working...
                                X