A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    Its been said before and I will say it again, the A350 is the best looking aircraft in the sky.
    Agreed!
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• 9V-SMB is on her way to Singapore as SQ8895. She is scheduled to touch down at Changi at 11.30am on Thursday 21 April. Arrival Terminal is T2.
      Last edited by SQKevin; 21 April 2016, 09:13 AM. Reason: Updated flight number & arrival time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
        9V-SMB is on her way to Singapore as SQ8895. She is scheduled to touch down at Changi at 11.30am on Thursday 21 April. Arrival Terminal is T2.
        Awesome, where will it be flying for now?

Comment

• Just did a check, they removed F from November onwards for SQ67/68. However PEY still not showing in the fares yet. Possible A350 start for BCN/GRU route

'No results were found for cabin class FIRST; the following results are for cabin class BUSINESS instead.'

Comment

• Originally posted by vinvinz View Post
            Just did a check, they removed F from November onwards for SQ67/68. However PEY still not showing in the fares yet. Possible A350 start for BCN/GRU route

'No results were found for cabin class FIRST; the following results are for cabin class BUSINESS instead.'
            As the flight is operated by 777-300ERs, is it likely that some of the destinations still using the older 777-200ERs will get the 777-300ERs instead? Such as SQ351/352.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
              As the flight is operated by 777-300ERs, is it likely that some of the destinations still using the older 777-200ERs will get the 777-300ERs instead? Such as SQ351/352.
              I guess so. It's all about shuffling anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                Yes, we have one such swap already confirmed which is JNB/CPT from around the middle of the year but they will be closing off the F cabin on these flights.

I'm inclined to think CPH will make a direct transition from 772ER to 359 but not just yet.

Comment

Just did a check, they removed F from November onwards for SQ67/68. However PEY still not showing in the fares yet. Possible A350 start for BCN/GRU route

I wonder how many A350's they will have in October. Hopefully it will be enough frames to perform routes that are cutting F later this year. I'm sure they should have enough 77WR to cover those routes rather than put an A350 some days, 77WR other days (Like some routes have mentioned).

I assume by October, half of SQ's fleet (Excluding 77WN) will be 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Yes, we have one such swap already confirmed which is JNB/CPT from around the middle of the year but they will be closing off the F cabin on these flights.

I'm inclined to think CPH will make a direct transition from 772ER to 359 but not just yet.
                    Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      I wonder how many A350's they will have in October. Hopefully it will be enough frames to perform routes that are cutting F later this year. I'm sure they should have enough 77WR to cover those routes rather than put an A350 some days, 77WR other days (Like some routes have mentioned).

I assume by October, half of SQ's fleet (Excluding 77WN) will be 77WR.
                      Afterall, SQ67/68 is 3x weekly flights, so one A359 is enough.

Comment

Afterall, SQ67/68 is 3x weekly flights, so one A359 is enough.
                        Not correct, unfortunately. The introduction of SQ68/7 has always caused major disruptions to the operation of MXP and BCN operations since it was first introduced. For example, BCN has 5x weekly departures, but two of them are on a Sunday less than three hours apart.

SQ378/7, if it operated 3x weekly, could utilise just one A359 as each return flight is approx. 1.3 days. The seventh day would be a spare. You could even get a 4th weekly flight by operating on the opposite days to the new DUS services.

SQ68/7 has the 1.3 day turnaround time from SIN-BCN-SIN, however, the GRU leg adds an extra 24 hours, making the full return flight time 2.3 days. This has never been much of an issue while it has been served by 77Ws as they are able to draw on a pool of 19 craft which arrive and depart out of SIN at a variety of times throughout the 24 hour cycle.

The A359 will present a lot of issues for serving GRU until the fleet size builds up, or the departure and arrival times of A359s into/out of SIN become more "diverse".

I might do a little more investigation on this one...

Comment

• For a moment I thought I had worked out what they're doing but it still doesn't make much sense. They've announced two of the three GRU flights are going F-cabin free as well as one of the MXP-BCN-MXP:
                          http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/23/sq-77w-s16update1/
                          These flights form a sequence that begins out of SIN on a Sunday night (the '1' to GRU) and completes the two GRU flights followed by the BCN, but that brings it back into SIN on a Monday morning. This would be able to dovetail neatly into DUS, except the one day gap in DUS flights is between Wednesday morning and Thursday night. So for a handful of hours on a Monday morning, SME would be needed, however we should remember that closing F bookings on a flight gives the option of operating an A359, but it doesn't mean that's what will happen.

Adding the second BCN/MXP flight in September which is a Tuesday night departure and that forms a loose sequence, which when combined with AMS will still only require SMA-E. Keeping a watch on flight records is going to get way more interesting this year.

Comment

• Hopefully my GRU trip in Nov will get A359... Fingers crossed... Looking at the A359 production list/routes again.

Comment

• 9V-SMC had her RTO yesterday. First flight is scheduled for today.

Last edited by SQKevin; 26 April 2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SMC is currently in the air on her first flight.

www.flightradar24.com/AIB01FZ/98a06aa

Comment

Working...
                                X