A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
    Specifically, they were used for 747-300s and -200s (I think), respectively.
    The first two 747-200s were, interestingly, registered as 9V-SIA and 9V-SIB. The third 747-200 was 9V-SQC and the last was 9V-SQS. Not sure why the registrations ran in this manner.

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
      The first two 747-200s were, interestingly, registered as 9V-SIA and 9V-SIB. The third 747-200 was 9V-SQC and the last was 9V-SQS. Not sure why the registrations ran in this manner.
      I may well be wrong here, but I do seem to recall seeing SQT and SQU as well - although both are 747-200Fs (Freighters). I think SQT was a 747-212F delivered new to SQ from Boeing in Everett, but SQU was a used B747-200F that SQ purchased (from Evergreen Group I think)...

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
        I may well be wrong here, but I do seem to recall seeing SQT and SQU as well - although both are 747-200Fs (Freighters). I think SQT was a 747-212F delivered new to SQ from Boeing in Everett, but SQU was a used B747-200F that SQ purchased (from Evergreen Group I think)...
        You are right. The passenger versions ended with 9V-SQS. 9V-SQT, SQU & SQV were 747-200F versions, which were all either leased or bought from other airlines and flew with SQ for between 1-3 years.

Comment

Msn 31 (9V-SUC, SQ#3) undergoing fuselage join-up in Station 50.

Comment

Msn 31 (9V-SUC, SQ#3) undergoing fuselage join-up in Station 50.
            Thank you for posting SQKevin. I must say that the A350's nose looks quite different without the black paint surrounding the cockpit windows. Do you know whether the SQ frames will have the painted cockpit windows or is it too soon to be determined? So far all of the A350's I've seen have it so I'm guessing it comes as standard?

Comment

The A350 nose reminds me of the 757 a little

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                Thank you for posting SQKevin. I must say that the A350's nose looks quite different without the black paint surrounding the cockpit windows. Do you know whether the SQ frames will have the painted cockpit windows or is it too soon to be determined? So far all of the A350's I've seen have it so I'm guessing it comes as standard?
                The black paint lining around the cockpit windows appears to be the standard colour. The painted A350 aircraft of Qatar Airways, Vietnam Airlines and Finnair all have the black cockpit window lining.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  The A350 nose reminds me of the 757 a little
                  I think the A350 on a whole looks like a 757 on steroids, which isn't a bad thing per se. Both aircraft look great in my opinion.

Comment

Msn 26 (SQ#1) was toured out of Station 30 to Station P18 today. This is the Outdoor ground test station. We will likely get to see pictures of the aircraft in the open very soon.

Comment

Excellent news! One of the things that I'm looking forward to, being someone who prefers to sit down the back of the aircraft, is that I've read the A350 has been designed to reduce the amount of fuselage tapering based on airline feedback. This should hopefully make picking a window seat down the back easier because the ones down there won't get so squeezed from the curving of the wall.

The only A340 I've been on had a very significant tapering-off that made the rear cabin layout really awkward. It's quite amazing how being in neat rows at equal spacing with constant aisle width can add to a sense of feeling comfortable- you notice it more when it's not there!

Comment

MSN 26, out and about:

First Airbus A350 Singapore Airlines cn 026 F-WZFU -> 9V-??? by Jujug Spotting, on Flickr

First Airbus A350 Singapore Airlines cn 026 F-WZFU -> 9V-??? by Jujug Spotting, on Flickr

Last edited by leops1984; 23 July 2015, 04:20 PM. Reason: Added pictures #2 and #3

Comment

Thanks, Leops1984. Msn26 (9V-SUA) looks beautiful!

Comment

Msn 26 parked at Station A11.

Comment

Damn, the A350 is such a stunning aircraft that even in Finnair's boring and plain livery it looks superb!

Comment

Thanks, Leops1984. Msn26 (9V-SUA) looks beautiful!
                                It's not 9V-SUA (picture by Tan Kianwei).

Comment

Working...
                                X