No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msn 26 emerging from the paint hanger last night.

Comment

• SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS!!

Full res shot: https://i.imgur.com/POWdom7.jpg

P.S. In all honesty, for a press shot that is absolutely terrible. Noise everywhere! I'd expect Airbus to hire a good press photographer who knows how to do a long exposure on a tripod (which is like night photography 101) OR (more likely what didn't happen), I'd expect Airbus to allow the photographer to get his long exposure and just stop the plane in the taxiway for a mere minute for the shot!
      Last edited by shikhargpt; 14 October 2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Msn 26 is currently in one of the A15 tents for further rework. Not sure what this entails before it can go for cabin furnishing and engine attachment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
          Don't forget too the shorter regional flights. SQ172 and SQ186 to Ho Chi Minh City used to be served by the B777-200ER upon their return from Manchester and other European destinations. MAN Flyer would know this well.
          It won't be Manchester as that is a 777-300ER route.

Comment

• Behold, the masked bandit!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              its mentioned that the A359 will be in 3 classes ie business, premium econ and econ. Will this mean that all the 67 A359s will not have first class - and will this have a impact on SQ's high yield market?
              The first 20 A350-900s at least will come in a 3 class config (J/S/Y). The seating configuration of the remaining 40 A350-900s and 7 A350-900ULRs are still unknown at the moment.

Comment

• The a359 has EASA's certification for ETOPS of 370mins (haven't heard FAA doing the same). Is that sufficient for it to go the polar route during those times of the year that the tail winds via Europe are not as strong?

Comment

• Not sure if anyone posted. Seems that the next non stop destination is LAX after NYC.

Hello SQ22/21 and SQ20/19! Missed you both! Ok.. only missed SQ22 and in economy no less. Didn't manage to try the 3 other flights.

Comment

• Now something that really intrigued me is why SQ didn't choose to introduce the all-new J product that is due to debut on the new A380s in 2017 on the first batch of A350s. By the time the 20 A350s are in service, the new cabins will already be out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      AMS was a bit of a surprise. They went from 772E to 77W operating 2 classes with lots of publicity) then back to 772E only after a few months. Now 77W with F Class later to 359 with no F class. Suspect F loads are low and 77W's F can be better used elsewhere.

As recently as 2014, I had to contend with a 772E with spacebeds (aircraft change) ......
                      I'm afraid SQ seem to have decided that AMS is the Northern MEL. They just keep swapping and changing the birds. Anyone flying SQ regularly between AMS and MEL these last few years must feel like tearing their hair out.

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                      Don't forget too the shorter regional flights. SQ172 and SQ186 to Ho Chi Minh City used to be served by the B777-200ER upon their return from Manchester and other European destinations. MAN Flyer would know this well.
                      Indeed. I used to regularly land on SQ327 and find myself back at the same gate and aircraft for SQ172 to SGN a couple of hours later. Same on the way back.

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      That doesn't mean anything. If MAN does ever get its nonstop flight back there won't be an F cabin. It only currently gets F and the 77W due to the MUC link.

MAN is rumoured to be getting these things direct and daily and I know I am not the only one up here hoping it does so. It would be ideal for MAN and am sure it would do well, just like the good old days of SQ327/8 nonstop on the 772ER's before the GFC and the fleet cock-up by you-know-who when the A380's were delayed.

If they don't take the opportunity to use these to restart nonstop I fear for the route as even though it still does pretty well considering the MUC stop as CX are currently smashing it since they restarted flying to MAN with rumours they will go daily. The ME3 also have a huge capacity coming in here every day.
                      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 October 2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        ...the fleet cock-up by you-know-who when the A380's were delayed...
                        Who was that?

Voldemort?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          Yup. Just saying that the A350 could fill some short regional routes (in addition to medium-haul destinations like SYD or PEK) upon their return from Europe. So you might see an AMS-SIN-SGN, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                            Msn 26 is currently in one of the A15 tents for further rework. Not sure what this entails before it can go for cabin furnishing and engine attachment.

OMG... she is really beautiful. I love the glossy sheen on her body!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                              Behold, the masked bandit!
                              Ever since the A350 with SQ livery was unveiled, I've been thinking of the cartoon character with that curvy mask on. I finally remember it's Batman's partner Robin. But the masked bandit is another possible one... Lol. What's his name by the way?

Comment

• Singapore Airlines mulls Airbus A350 flights to Australia

Singapore Airlines mulls Airbus A350 flights to Australia

Following the launch of Singapore Airlines’ Airbus A350 flights to Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta in early 2016, the airline could send its A350s to Sydney, Melbourne and Perth – just don't expect them to be locked into a regular schedule.
                                Speaking with Australian Business Traveller at a media briefing in Toulouse, Singapore Airlines’ Senior Vice President for Product & Services Mr Tan Pee Teck shared that “certainly North Asia and South West Pacific (are) potentially both on the cards, it’s a very versatile aircraft.”
                                Tan confirmed the airline's plan to see the advanced A350s replace its ageing Boeing 777-200 and Boeing 777-300 jets, although not the Boeing 777-300ERs.
                                As it currently stands, two of SQ’s daily flights to each of Sydney and Melbourne are served by the to-be-retired Boeing 777-200 or Boeing 777-300 birds, while Perth also sees a daily Boeing 777-200 Singapore Airlines flight.
                                However, SQ is unlikely to have dedicated A350s serving these markets, instead preferring to fly them on longer routes and using a smaller number of comparatively shorter flights to help fill gaps in the A350s’ roster.
                                The A350-900 “has the range to do Europe quite easily non-stop (from Singapore),” Tan notes, “so we do see it replacing some of the long-haul routes and introducing new ones in the years ahead… but it certainly would be wasted to use that (solely) as a ‘regional’ aircraft.”
                                Also read: Singapore Airlines: non-stop USA flights with long-range A350
                                SQ: upgrades to Brisbane, Adelaide flights?

For Brisbane and Adelaide residents, Tan concedes that the angled-flat seats on the airline’s Airbus A330s “probably don’t compete as well with a lie-flat product” such as the Qantas Business Suite, but that “it’s done fairly well... (and the aircraft has) a pretty decent density of seats.”

Of course it’s our plan to upgrade our products,” he continues. “The A330s are largely on lease with us so they will be replaced in due course.”
                                But with any new business class seat comes the issue of capacity, as more favourable business class layouts with fully-flat beds and direct aisle access typically take up more floor space on board – reducing the number of seats available to business class passengers during peak times.
                                “For a lot of business travellers, what’s important is being able to get onto the plane… and even with an inclined flat seat customers manage to get themselves comfortable in the seat,” Tan adds.
                                “We just have to make sure that the product in the cabin doesn’t age prematurely and keeps looking fresh… and continue with the signature SQ service that kind of keeps the customers coming back”.
                                Source: http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...s-to-australia
                                It is good to hear they are listening to customers from their cash cow markets (namely SYD, MEL and PER) by providing better planes and introducing Premium Economy (perhaps) on these sectors...

Comment

Working...
                                X