SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      From what I've been told we'll be seeing 4F/48J/28W/184Y. 3 rows at 8 abreast for W.

Looks like F saver awards are going to be tougher to get.
      One row in F would give SQ the chance to revise the mistake they made when they shortened the seat pitch in F and give back a full length bed.

Even with little creativity, they could use the back from the seats in row 2 and just make the foothole deeper.

Every competitor has a bed that is more than 2m long and Air France is flying their really beautiful new "suite" now to SIN.

Wasn't there a rumour that SQ in March would publish a new redemption table that would most likely see some increases in pricing?

Comment

Does anyone have any further details on the F/J cabins in the new configuration?

Are they upgrading the F/J cabin to the 77WN seats as well? And what does that mean for the new 77WNs - they'll get a row of F torn out?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post
          Are they upgrading the F/J cabin to the 77WN seats as well? And what does that mean for the new 77WNs - they'll get a row of F torn out?
          Since they're refitting some 77W's for PEY seats, I suspect they'll take the opportunity to install the newest (2013) products in F/J/Y as well. I remember reading somewhere that the new products would be installed on the older 77W's sometime this year.

I don't think the 77WNs flying today are getting PEY, though. At the very least, SQ318/9 is one route that the 77WN is on quite consistently today, and that's not getting PEY. It seems reasonable that that should apply to the other 77WNs.

Comment

SQ's A380s with PEY would be one of the least dense superjumbos in the industry, with one configuration offering almost the same capacity as their old flagship B747 Megatop.

Comment

Now it's anxious times.

New award chart should be coming soon.

Let's see what the "enhancements" are

Comment

They must be planning to mobilise refitters in significant numbers to meet this ambitious roll-out. Is it not also planned to refit the new 2013 product into the fleet as well? The 772ER refits took a good month to complete with similar actions such as moving lavatories.

I just look at the schedule and think it's awfully tight. Regardless of how many refit crews they deploy at once, that's a lot of craft out of action if they do work on more than one plane simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                  Since they're refitting some 77W's for PEY seats, I suspect they'll take the opportunity to install the newest (2013) products in F/J/Y as well. I remember reading somewhere that the new products would be installed on the older 77W's sometime this year.

I don't think the 77WNs flying today are getting PEY, though. At the very least, SQ318/9 is one route that the 77WN is on quite consistently today, and that's not getting PEY. It seems reasonable that that should apply to the other 77WNs.
                  I'm not sure that's any guide as SQ 222/231 is the first in line. There are some complex movements and plans being proposed here. The risk of copping an old purple 772 at the last minute during this phase would have to be high for destinations like MEL and HKG.

Comment

Thought you guys might like this teaser of what I believe is the new premium Y seat.

Last edited by oxymoron1984; 2 February 2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Hmm, the serviceware seems identical to economy...
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

The official launch of PE should be coming in the next 24-48 hours.

Comment

So looking forward...

Ex-ICN fares
                          http://www.abacus.co.kr/CommonFiles/...PEY%20Fare.pdf

Comment

Any word on whether S (PEY) fares count towards PPS value?

Comment

Fly well,
                              Travel safe,
                              And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                                Any word on whether S (PEY) fares count towards PPS value?
                                I wouldn't think it would as Premium Economy is well, still 'Economy' class. But lets hope it does!

I think the Krisflyer earning rate would be 110% as standard similar on other airlines.

Comment

Working...
                                X