• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Y as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
      New Y as well?
      If the Y refurb is similar to the 773 fleet, it will mainly involve new seat covers, although the space between rows in the 773 was increased a little I think.

IMO the Y section of the 772ER is actually not that bad. The IFE screens are still decent and functional and the seats are still in good condition with adequate pitch. I've had some very comfortable flights in them- not anything like the Y product in the old 744s which was very substandard compared to SQ's New Y. The major criticism of the 772ER comes from J travellers, who quite rightly point out that the J product is dated and inferior given what they are paying for it.

Comment

Anyone has any idea what is the schedule like for the refurbishment? Sounds like AMS first from this thread - who's next?

Comment

AMS will require two refurbed planes for the upgrade to be daily.

CPH would be the next logical destination as it's the same length as the AMS flight and only requires one more refurb given it's only 3x weekly.

IST would probably be the next as it operates on the alternate 4 days that CPH doesn't.

JNB/CPT would require 2 further refurbs. After this perhaps CHC which is about the same length.

All the above flights (except CHC) depart SIN around midnight and return early morning a day later. This means each refurb that flies them would spend every second day waiting 16+ hours at SIN, so a lot of shorter range day flights in Asia where SQ wants to offer a high quality J product but doesn't need F would benefit as each plane is refurbished. Talk has been that BKK is seeing a lot of 772ERs lately.

This is only my guess based on schedule logic- a lot of other factors like marketing, yield, competition, passenger loads etc will also be factors. As someone who works in timetable management this is what I would bring to the meeting only to be told by accountants and marketing execs that I'm wrong!

Comment

These would be a perfect fit for MAN.

Comment

I assume it will be long haul J?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                I assume it will be long haul J?
                1-2-1 should be long haul J.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  These would be a perfect fit for MAN.
                  Don't you prefer red or orange BPs?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Who doesn't!. However, I would gladly sacrifice the option of awards or upgrades to F with the stop in MUC for the return of a nonstop service with the once new JCL seat. Heck, I would even have the 772ER's as they are now with SpaceBeds rather than the 77W with the stop in MUC, which is a PITA but better than no service at all.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      Orange? My Suite boarding passes still look pretty much golden...

Comment

What are the chances the CPH flights will be upgraded by June? I'm looking at flying that way. New C would be awesome, but if it's going to be a spacebed i'd rather take a different route.

thanks
                        goodo

Comment

Originally posted by goodo View Post
                          What are the chances the CPH flights will be upgraded by June? I'm looking at flying that way. New C would be awesome, but if it's going to be a spacebed i'd rather take a different route.

thanks
                          goodo
                          They have just announced they are increasing frequency involving a partnership with SAS, so to go with that there is a chance they will send the better aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by goodo View Post

thanks
                            goodo
                            Welcome to SQTalk.

As it isn't daily (at the moment) they don't need many frames to cover it so there is a chance I suppose. It may be worth dropping SQ at CHP a line and ask. Local stations do sometimes get told in advance of official announcements when things are going to change.

Comment

Latetst PDF timetable is showing Monday, Tuesday & Thursday night departures SQ324 from SIN for AMS to become 77W again effective January 7

Comment

Re-configured J on 772 begins AMS service from 13JAN13. Which explained why SQ sending 77W to AMS for 2 months.
                                Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X