No announcement yet.

Scoot! SQ's LCC gets a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Unprofessional!! Pathetic!!! I bet the stewardess and stewards will be those who can't fly for SQ anymore. LOL!!!!!

Looks like they have to come up with a Scoottalk.com soon.

Comment

Well, looking at the people who don't like the name it would appear they have got it just about spot on.

Comment

Such a cute name!

I can imagine uncle captain saying 'Good morning, boys and girls. This is Captain Scooty speaking. Together in the flight deck with me is First officer Spoocky. On behalf of myself and the rest of my Scooties, I want to welcome you aboard Scoot 12 from Singapore to Hong Kong. The flight time is around 3 hours 40 mins. We advise you to keep your sit belt scootered at all times because unexpected turbulences may occur. Thank you for choosing to scoot with us today and we hope you enjoy your flight.

Just waiting to see how they'd market the product. A cute animal? mascot, cabin crew in brightly coloured cute uniforms, a cutesy catchy theme song, cartoon-like safety card... so many ideas to play around with the name. I like!

Comment

And what would the flight number be... 'SC'?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
            Such a cute name!
            Certainly needs a cute logo as well.

Comment

well it maybe a cute name but think SQ's senior management should relook into this name if indeed its going to be called "Scoot" - as its like watching children's tv programs like Disney channel where the parents/adults will ask the children to "scoot off" which basically means "get out of here". And we dont want this airline to be asked to scoot off or to be scooting around; and besides its kinda "childish". Perhaps its even better to call the airline just Budget Air lol just like budget terminal - which says it all.

Comment

Was on a crowded bus when the driver told passengers to "scoot over to the back". Made me think of the supposed name for SQ's new LCC. Quite a winner for brand recall then; crowded uncomfortable bus...cramped low-cost carrier.

Comment

Well at least the name is more creative than expected, but IMO it isn't fantastic. Wonder how the livery will be

Comment

I don't care what they call it, as long as they don't use singaporeair.com as their booking website or engage the same people that created the singaporeair.com website.

It has been months now and the website is still slow. I am resigned to the fact that the slow website is here to stay.

Comment

They should name the airline line Mickey Mouse AIR,
                      as if its going to be anything like SINGAPORE AIR recently, its being run by Goofy and his cast of characters

my .02

motodave

Comment

Originally posted by motodave View Post
                        They should name the airline line Mickey Mouse AIR,
                        as if its going to be anything like SINGAPORE AIR recently, its being run by Goofy and his cast of characters

my .02

motodave
                        What a WONDERFUL suggestion. Wonder why SQ never thought about that

Comment

I have been thinking of a possible name - BudJet Airlines
                          Bud - has nice connotations of new beginnings, Buddy - Friendliness etc;
                          Jet - a typical name for an aviation / airline company;
                          Of course it rhymes with the word Budget and the economies of LCC travel.

Comment

Just a gentle reminder that this is about SQ's LCC name, not suggestions.

Comment

I'm sure the friendly folks at Anheuser-Busch might have a bit to say if they were to take on your suggestions of calling the airline BudJet...

But getting back on topic, Scoot... Interesting... Looking at it from an aviation point of view, this conjures up images of tailstrikes, a la the motion of 'scooting'

Comment

Grapevine chatter. Initial fleet of aircraft will be 4 772s with options for 10 more. Expected EIS is 3 in Q2 2012 & 1 in Q3 2012. Config will be approx 400 seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X