No announcement yet.

Scoot! SQ's LCC gets a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Scoot!!! Last time Golden Goose, now Golden Vespa...

Comment

Oh, I hope I won't be getting the scooties from flying them!
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Let's hope it's not that or a Skunk.
        Well if the mascot designer is from the "kawai institute of design" they could certainly do a skink up well !

Comment

Will the cabin crew be called "Scooters" ?
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            Will the cabin crew be called "Scooters" ?
            Scootties

Comment

Beam me up, Scoot!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Beam me up, Scoot!
                Oh, I hope it can be done at the airport. I don't wanna do it online and end up Lord knows where
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                  Oh, I hope it can be done at the airport. I don't wanna do it online and end up Lord knows where

Comment

will D7 ask SQ new start-up to scoot-off lol

Comment

I think the IATA Airline Designator "ST" is currently unassigned. Will be interesting.

Comment

Will it also operate from the LCC Terminal at SIN? In which case it might be underwhelmed by customer response. Air Asia and Jetstar out of T1 wins again?

SQ Management, IMHO, need to finally address the fundamental strategic business issues. These being that, their business is being attacked at the Premium end by many carriers from Asia and the Middle East, and at the Y end by the many LCC's. This results in being "Squeezed into the middle"?

The response so far has been to Price premium products at a 100% premium over other quality carrriers, squeeze costs, noticably so even at the Premium product end, to P**s off longterm loyal customers and to reduce the benefits of their "Loyalty" programmes to the level of being meaningless, even in comparison to other major carriers.

This policy response does not, IMHO, seem to be working? In particular because many, even large Companies, are now starting to recognise that Premium fares are no longer standard under IATA structures. Several large Companies have already established that business travellers may fly Business Class on flights of longer than X hours, providing that a competitive fare comparison is employed. This would normally exclude SQ.

SO there still remains a need for a fundamental management response, with the explanation and execution of a fundamental strategy for the business going forward?

Sorry MAN and others for expressing a different POV.
                        Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; 25 August 2011, 10:14 PM.
                        Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
                          Will it also opertae from the LCC Terminal at SIN?
                          Can't possibly be from the budget terminal cuz the taxiways at the vicinity is for aircraft with wingspan of not more than 65m. With their 777, the wingtip will sheer off the tails of all the Tiger's A320.

Comment

Can't delete
                            Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; 25 August 2011, 10:29 PM.
                            Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                              Can't possibly be from the budget terminal cuz the taxiways at the vicinity is for aircraft with wingspan of not more than 65m. With their 777, the wingtip will sheer off the tails of all the Tiger's A320.
                              Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys??!!
                              Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Surprised its being appreciated here, just about everyone at airliners.net hates the name, it reminds me of when MH introduced their new livery, only Malaysians supported it with lame excuses, while it was despised by international observers.

Comment

Working...
                                X