The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Most very likely MEL will see one A50R or 787 Regional as currently there/s a A350LR daily service.
    I don't think it will be a product-based decision, rather than a question of plane rostering.

The current A350 flight, SQ207/8, slots into a perfect gap between long haul rotations. If it didn't fly to MEL, it would be sitting on tarmac or being used on a shorter flight. It's likely to remain a long haul configuration due to this.

SQ247/8 is a much more complicated undertaking. The full flight pair to WLG takes longer than 24 hours and is not daily. The pattern of days is such that a few evenings a week there are two planes working the pair and at another time there is a gap of about 45 hours between arrival into SIN & out again. WLG is low on competiton and the MEL market has 4 other flights to choose from with better products- SQ247/8 essentially soaks up extra demand to fly on or around weekends.

SQ likes to introduce new products onto routes on a daily basis to achieve consistency, e.g. NGO suddenly went B787, not just on certain days of the week. For this reason I don't see SQ247/8 getting an upgrade in a hurry.

Comment

• Apparently TPE will get B787 on the morning flight. Here
      visit my blog

Comment

• In about 3 years' time, all the destinations served by the A330s will be taken over by the A350R and the 787R

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
          9V-SCH is being delivered fro Charleston to SIN as usual vie KIX.
          9V-SCH arrived at Changi on 26 December morning bringing the SQ B787-10 fleet to 8.

Comment

• Any idea of how many firm 787s will be delivered this year?

Comment

• How many of you have had the chance to fly on the 78X so far?

I was 'lucky' enough to get SCH as a basically brand new aircraft on new years eve from SIN to PER in J.

However I was quite disappointed with the overall product. I took one of the J seats closer to the window, and it's lucky I'm rather skinny because the space you need to fit through to get to the actual seat is not wide at all.

Seat wasn't particularly comfortable, and I really didn't like the car type seat belts.

Not sure I'll be selecting this aircraft again any time soon.

Comment

• I flew SCF on 03 Jan from TPE. It is a much better seat than the previous regional A330's J Class. At least with this product i can attempt to sleep in a flat 180 position without feeling like i'm falling down the seat. The 3 point seat-belt was kind of weird at first, but you only need to wear it for take-off and landing so you can resume the normal waist seat belt strap for the rest of the flight. That being said, I quite dislike that only every second row allows you to have a 'proper' window seat. The aisle window seat is as good as taking an aisle seat in economy and having to look around you but being blocked by the rest of the seat to see out.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
                  How many of you have had the chance to fly on the 78X so far?

I was 'lucky' enough to get SCH as a basically brand new aircraft on new years eve from SIN to PER in J.

However I was quite disappointed with the overall product. I took one of the J seats closer to the window, and it's lucky I'm rather skinny because the space you need to fit through to get to the actual seat is not wide at all.

Seat wasn't particularly comfortable, and I really didn't like the car type seat belts.

Agree 100%!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
                    How many of you have had the chance to fly on the 78X so far?

Yes, accessibility is an issue - esp if in bed-mode. But this is not unique to SQ. I have recently taken MH and theirs is worse. If this is a problem, one has the choice of picking the aisle-closer seats - which I find is a better selection.

SQ's 3-point seat-belt is also better than MH, which cuts into the neck.

Overall, I would say SQ's new regional lie-flat is an improvement over the old ones. But it is obviously not as good as the long-haul seats.

Comment

• The shoulder strap of the 3 point seatbelt is not something that is very comfortable to have on for extended periods, but it only needs to be used for take-off and landing. The shoulder strap is easily detachable during cruise, so that you only have the belt around your waist loosely fastened for most of the time.

I would strongly recommend that the shoulder strap be unbuckled during cruise. In fact SQ cabin crew should probably go round the J cabin to tell pax to unfasten the shoulder strap if they see any pax with the shoulder strap still on, as it is much more comfortable with the strap off.

I recently tried the new 787-10 in business to and from Perth and found it very comfortable. It is narrower than SQ's long haul J, so pax who are of very large/tall build will feel the difference, otherwise for pax of average/smaller build the seat has ample space (I am in the latter category.). For anyone interested in a full review of the new SQ 787-10 J, the TR is here.

Comment

• Hong Kong and additional Bangkok flight will be served with B787-10 from 31 Mar 2019

The following flight to HKG will be served with Dreamliner from 31 March 2019
                        SQ872 SIN1430 – HKG1840 787-10 Daily
                        SQ871 HKG1955 – SIN2355 787-10 Daily

Additionally from the same date, additional flight to BKK will be served with the Dreamliner.

SQ978 SIN1830 – BKK2000 787-10 Daily
                        SQ981 BKK2110 – SIN0025* 787-10 Daily
                        * Next day

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                          The following flight to HKG will be served with Dreamliner from 31 March 2019
                          SQ872 SIN1430 – HKG1840 787-10 Daily
                          SQ871 HKG1955 – SIN2355 787-10 Daily

Additionally from the same date, additional flight to BKK will be served with the Dreamliner.

SQ978 SIN1830 – BKK2000 787-10 Daily
                          SQ981 BKK2110 – SIN0025* 787-10 Daily
                          * Next day
                          Oh... My bet was A350 Regional on HKG route, which Business/Economy mix is similar to 777-200

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                            Oh... My bet was A350 Regional on HKG route, which Business/Economy mix is similar to 777-200
                            I think a large consideration will be given to the fact that the A350R has a sufficiently big galley for two meal services, whereas the 787 apparently is only big enough for one meal service.

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                              That means there will be more seats for SQ to fill on HKG route as well!

May I ask what is the loading of SQ's SIN-HKG route?

I have been to SIA's check in counter at various times during the day in HKG, and I rarely see people queuing up for check in, even during Chinese New Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                                I think a large consideration will be given to the fact that the A350R has a sufficiently big galley for two meal services, whereas the 787 apparently is only big enough for one meal service.
                                Interesting but is it really so. As the 787R can actually fly 8 - 9 hour flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X