SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    The question is how many of these pax actually paid the full fare for the PY seat.
    On SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK about a week ago, the PEY load was about 70% to FRA then about 40% to JFK. I was incentivized to try PEY as it was slightly more expensive than Y Flexi Saver while being cheaper than Y Flexi. I spoke to someone on the same flight who was upgraded both ways between SIN and NY from Y to PEY.

It felt quite luxurious with the seats beside, behind and in front of me empty between FRA and JFK!

For reference, Y seemed to be 80-90% full to FRA, and 50-60% full to JFK...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
      On SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK about a week ago, the PEY load was about 70% to FRA then about 40% to JFK. I was incentivized to try PEY as it was slightly more expensive than Y Flexi Saver while being cheaper than Y Flexi. I spoke to someone on the same flight who was upgraded both ways between SIN and NY from Y to PEY.

It felt quite luxurious with the seats beside, behind and in front of me empty between FRA and JFK!

For reference, Y seemed to be 80-90% full to FRA, and 50-60% full to JFK...
      Hardly surprising now that you mentioned,EYCL was almost 100% full on SQ25 two days ago. So we can lend a credible assumption that there are indeed Y upgrades going on

Comment

• A relative of mine had a phone call to upgrade from a saver Y ticket into PEY on SQ51 (MAN > SIN). The upgrade was only £200.

Comment

• SQ242 could be receiving PEY. A few people of on other forums are reporting being moved out of Y rows that do not exist on PEY 77W's.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            SQ242 could be receiving PEY. A few people of on other forums are reporting being moved out of Y rows that do not exist on PEY 77W's.
            That's how I discovered about SQ227/8. They basically look at who is in a window seat and who is in an aisle and the software automatically shuffles everyone back. More of the infamous big block of seats in the back of the 77W that nobody can select had suddenly opened up once I went into my booking.

It makes sense, because SQ241/2 connects with an incredible number of Euro flights that often have empty PEY cabins to fill up. Adding a PEY cabin to this flight pair will let people booking on the internet access PEY as currently they are prevented from doing so because one sector is without PEY, i.e. SQ241/2. This is the same reason that SQ207/8 needs to go A350 (or B77WR).

Comment

Working...
            X