Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with BTC

What should I BTC from SIN in J?

How's the Angus burger for a midnight departure? Does it come with Fries?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
      What should I BTC from SIN in J?

How's the Angus burger for a midnight departure? Does it come with Fries?
      Very subjective question as to each his own

In terms of Angus beef burger no fries but it's very nice but depends on which aircraft you flying the newer birds (2013 J) the ovens are not as good compared with the older ones. FA also mentioned this to me, fully electric vs convection

On the new plane the angus was dry but on the older plane like the 777-300 it was moist and succulent.

So ya white a lot of folks like the new planes when it comes to food it does lose out especially on some dishes.

Comment

• Is the Lobster Thermidor in J the same dish when served on a short sector like SIN-CGK and a long haul sector like SIN-LHR? Both flights are Ex-SIN. Or is there a difference because there isn't much time to heat up food on a short sector.

Has anyone got any recent pics of the Lobster Thermidor in J? Is it a must try dish?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
          Is the Lobster Thermidor in J the same dish when served on a short sector like SIN-CGK and a long haul sector like SIN-LHR? Both flights are Ex-SIN. Or is there a difference because there isn't much time to heat up food on a short sector.

Has anyone got any recent pics of the Lobster Thermidor in J? Is it a must try dish?
          It should be the same dish. I ordered it for SIN-CGK last week, but decided to change it last minute for the onboard menu (Indonesian dish).

Comment

• Tried the classic lobster thermidor in sq231. It was a red eye flight and i had it as breakfast instead of supper. By then the quality dropped drastically, lobster harden and rice soggy.

Tried the Salmon with wild lime and butter sauce in sq222. Pretty tasteless and couldn't smell any lime out there. Avoid please.

Comment

• Ex-Milan

Chicken Involtini with Romain Gnocchi
              Chicken involtini served with Romain Gnocchi and eggplant tomato tart.

Review: chicken - surprisingly not dry, enveloping plump asparagus spears. The gnocchi was light (not the dense variety). Overall a mild-flavoured dish.

Comment

• Just want to share the BTC Lobster thermidor ex LHR is really good! Best I have tasted from SQ so far.

Comment

• Nasi Biryani

Comment

• Ex-JFK in Suites

Braised Short-Ribs
                    Short-ribs of beef braised in Chinese wine and 5-spice with Oriental mixed vegetables and wok fried egg noodles.

IMG_20170322_232143

This was some nice comfort food. The beef was moist and tasted like a high-quality pot roast dish. I enjoyed this. The noodles weren't super-flavorful.

Comment

• Ex-FRA

Suckling pig with dark beer sauce, savoy cabbage and potato wedges

Very Tasty! Highly recommended - eat it with the mustard!

Comment

• Ex-FRA Breakfast

Deliciously Wholesome Farro and Avocado Salad with Red Lentil Soufflé in Red Capsicum, Lime and Jalapeno Dressing (available from 15 December 2016)
                        Lentils are protein dense and avocado offers healthy unsaturated fatty acids. A great dish for whole food lovers. Inspired by International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale.

Very highly recommended. One of the best things I ate on my flights! (The scrambled eggs are an addition on the side.)

Comment

• Ex-HKG - J: Chicken and Abalone

Ex-Hong Kong
                          Business Class

Stir-fried chicken and abalone with Chinese greens and steamed rice

Comment

• Ex-SIN -J: Peranakan Hokkien Mee Soup

Ex-Singapore Business Class
                            Perankan Hokkien Mee Soup

Comment

• EX-ZRH F: Cognac Flambee Lobster Thermidor

Ex-Zurich First Class
                              Cognac Flambee Lobster Themirdor - Butter sauteed and Cognac flambeed lobster served with almond rice, fresh spinach and tomato

Comment

• Ex-ZRH F: Swiss Roesti with smoked salmon

Ex-Zurich First Class: Swiss Roesti with smoked salmon- Fresh and crispy Swiss roesti served with smoked Balik salmon and chives creme fraiche

Honestly I was a bit disappointed, as the dish turned out to be oily and salty, even though the roesti maintained its crispiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X