Public Transport Airport Bus with Luggage ADL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Transport Airport Bus with Luggage ADL

I would like to know would you recommend for a person who lives near the J1 AND J2 Airport Buses using them to get to Adelaide Airport with luggage.
    I am about a five minute drive from the closest station.
    Reason why I ask is that it saves Mum a lot of time having to drive me to the Airport whenever I am headed somewhere.Mum tends to disagree that it is a waste of time and can damage the suitcase getting up and down the bus
    Any help would be most welcome

The J1 and J2 buses are a mixture of lowfloor and non lowfloor buses. If you are lucky you will get a lowfloor bus, but the majority of them are still not lowfloor. It could be a bit awkward to get a really heavy case up the bus stairs, but a bit of muscle (and a safe lifting technique) and you'll be fine :-) If you want to be a real geek check out which bus times are often low floor ones - more often than not the same services uses the same type of bus. Having said all of this over the next two years the old mercedes o-bahn buses will be retired from the Adelaide bus fleet so you shouldn't have a problem for too much longer!

Comment

I have done it numerous times without any hassle and more often than not, I have ended up with one of the new low-floor buses. Whilst it is certainly a lot less hassle than driving and negotiating the short term car park at ADL (bring on the new hotel and multilevel car park), I would recommend avoiding the peak period if you can as both the J1 and J2 can get quite packed with commuters between the City and Tea Tree Plaza.

Comment

Good News The Mercedes are now long gone and the fleet are now all low floor.I might need to ask the driver to open the ramp up and let me wheel the bag onto it should I have to use the Bus to get me to the Airport for my trip to the UK on the 13th of this month.I only hope I have enough petrol in my little Nissan so I don't have to go on Public Transport
        Last edited by SQADL333; 4 June 2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X