[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    I have learnt that if you need to say "Bill-of-Materials" over the phone in an airport lounge, say the words in full, and not the abbreviation, like "I have the BOM"...
    Couldn't help laughing...
    I've always been conscious of how Bill of Material sounds abbreviated. I used to lower the volume of my voice when I had to say BOM in public, especially in any part of an airport. A colleague who was with me highlighted that I sounded even more suspicious doing that.

Comment

• I normally just say the alphabets "B O M"...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
        Does anyone find the Private Room starting to feel very stale and basically overdue for a revamp? I mean, the decor is starting to look old and tired, and the food menu... they never changed. And as for service, nothing much to speak of. When it first opened, there was a lot of Wow factor. Now, not so much.
        I totally agree. The self service buffet options were always poor for a flagship lounge and have recently been reduced further. I just tend to go in there to eat something from the menu then head to the bar in the SKL. And that's the only decent part of the SKL F.

To be fair it is going to be revamped, and what they are going to do to it should make it better. But they were originally going to do this two years ago so maybe they are waiting for a cheaper quote to do the work...

Comment

• My partner and I (no KF status) have upcoming Suites tickets ex-SIN. Do you know if a friend of ours traveling on the same flight (SQ pilot, but traveling in econ with no KF status) will be able / allowed to meet us at the first class check-in, utilise that, and then join us in TPR?

Also, any idea what the current champagne in TPR is?

Thanks!

Comment

• From what I've read, your friend should be able to check in with you at the First Class Check-in.

I suspect you shouldn't be able to guest your friend into TPR, but given that your friend is an SQ pilot, you may be able to get the lounge dragon(s) to look the other way while your friend follows you in.

Comment

• Looks like TPR has stopped serving Piper Rare, or any high class champagne. They now serve Taittinger Brut.

Comment

• Originally posted by llamaesque View Post
                Looks like TPR has stopped serving Piper Rare, or any high class champagne. They now serve Taittinger Brut.
                Oh my! Although personally, I'd take the Taittinger, they don't have much more to go before hitting "Sparkling Wine."
                HUGE AL

Comment

• It could be Duval Leroy. *shudders*

Comment

• The Private Room is now serving Charles Heidsieck Blanc de Millenaires 1995 - the best champagne since they opened TPR!

Comment

• Does anyone else have the latest admission criteria of the Private Room? If you are a TPPS & not traveling in 1st & Suites class, is it still allow? I was told by one of the SQ management that it's allow, which I'm not aware of this relaxing changes.

According to their web site, which never stated the criteria of which tier of PPS can enter which lounge.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/hk...es/silverkris/

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/hk...ub/privileges/

Comment

• The Private Room is strictly for First and Suites pax, no guest allowed. TPPS status does not get you in automatically.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          The Private Room is strictly for First and Suites pax, no guest allowed. TPPS status does not get you in automatically.
                          Thanks StarG, that's what I thought all I along, so I need to tell the SQ HKG General Manager that he's wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                            Thanks StarG, that's what I thought all I along, so I need to tell the SQ HKG General Manager that he's wrong.
                            He wouldn't be the first GM that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              The Private Room is now serving Charles Heidsieck Blanc de Millenaires 1995 - the best champagne since they opened TPR!
                              I would dispute that - IMHO PH Rare which was previously on offer in TPR much fore delicate and refined than new CH - but as always we all have diff prefs - luckily the Rare still on offer in F section - I enjoyed a couple of both last night.

Comment

• Am flying on F but have a friend on J.

I know i cant bring him in to TPR. But can i order some dishes from TPR and have it servd to me outside in normal SKL F area so that my friend can share some of the food?

Comment

Working...
                                X