• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if we will ever see a return of some of the cancelled BKK services
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      SQ881 is good for arriving early into SIN as well connecting to nearby destinations. But who wants to take SQ880 at 1:30AM?
      Well, basically only good for travellers who wants to start their day early in TPE, mostly making up of leisure travellers.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        Well, basically only good for travellers who wants to start their day early in TPE, mostly making up of leisure travellers.
        haha, and I am sure they will be all tired!

Comment

Don't fully understand why ath & rome only get 2 weekly flights then get only 1 extra flight a week during the summer mounths when there is a strong demand for these dest all year round especially from aus were there is a big greek & italian community why can't sia join these two citys and operate them say 4 or 5 times a week like they do man via muc i'm sure it will work

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            But who wants to take SQ880 at 1:30AM?
            I do! So looking forward to flying SQ 881/880 again in the Year of the Rabbit!

Any idea on what aircraft they'll be assigning?
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
              I do! So looking forward to flying SQ 881/880 again in the Year of the Rabbit!

Any idea on what aircraft they'll be assigning?
              Baby Bus aka 333

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                Baby Bus aka 333
                Yay! How appropriate to have the Baby Bus fly me back to my baby in TPE
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

2017 Northern Summer frequencies

In Australia, flights to Melbourne will rise to 31 weekly, up from 28 presently, starting July 17 next year, while flights to Brisbane will go up from 24 to 28 from Aug 22.

Starting June 4, Sydney will see 33 weekly flights, up from 31; this will go up to 35 weekly flights between June 18 and Sept 30.

In Europe, Rome will be served four times weekly starting July next year, doubling from two weekly flights currently.
                  http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tran...-summer-season

Comment

From SIA's press release, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City will also have more frequencies.

In Southeast Asia, Bangkok flight frequency will increase to six per day from five with effect from 26 March 2017. Ho Chi Minh City will be served 19 times per week from the same day, up from the current 17 per week.
                    http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg.../ne3716-161219

Comment

It's great news for so many extra connections and flight possibilities. It's also becoming clearer why those old 772s aren't going anywhere for now. I'm even beginning to wonder about those reports of bringing back the old ones from Alice Springs!

Comment

Bangkok was 6 daily until recently, they seem to cut 982/983 for northern winter, they did the same last year.
                        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

SYD reaching a new record, on a Thursday serving 6x a day with an additional SQ261 (formerly planned for SYD CGK SIN), and another A380 service on certain days serving SQ241, so three A380 (SQ221,231,241).

SQ211 773
                          SQ221 388
                          SQ231 388
                          SQ241 773/388
                          SQ251 333
                          SQ261 772

Comment

SQ is getting more aggressive taking on Kangaroo route competitors! Just received a promotional email offering return Y fares to Paris from $1195 AU. Although I'm sure such a price is highly limited to certain days/flights, this is the lowest price I have ever seen from any airline and could explain the throwing of additional capacity at SYD & MEL as usually they are the flights which push up the price.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              SQ is getting more aggressive taking on Kangaroo route competitors! Just received a promotional email offering return Y fares to Paris from $1195 AU. Although I'm sure such a price is highly limited to certain days/flights, this is the lowest price I have ever seen from any airline and could explain the throwing of additional capacity at SYD & MEL as usually they are the flights which push up the price.
                              Wow, they're almost giving the SIN-SYD/MEL legs for free.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                Wow, they're almost giving the SIN-SYD/MEL legs for free.
                                I suspect these new flights that happen at odd times with older planes will be the only way the lowest fares will be achievable. The moment somebody clicks on SQ228 the price will jump a few hundred. My guess at their strategy is that if they can get Australians to Singapore, they will then fill a seat on a Euro flight that would otherwise remain empty. The ME3 is now less of a concern to SQ than the new Chinese airlines.

Comment

Working...
                                X