No announcement yet.

9V-SQK partially burnt after tow-tug catches fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
      Wow!! Will this IFE have a 3D map of changi airport? I'd love that.
      No, you don’t get that with the 2006 Y seats, those will come once they get retrofitted with the 2013 seats

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Well a sensible person using logic would suggest that given they have 19 sets of ex-77W 2006 Y seats, and it is probably unlikely that they will end up using all of them, they would leave them in SQK so as not to incur additional labour costs of stripping them out.

But leaving that aside, I have heard that they plan to use the seats on the white beeping passenger buggies around the terminal. After a number of collisions and near misses with Gucci handbags, Changi management are keen to improve safety by installing aircraft-grade seat-belts and seat structures allowing for the brace position. This will allow the cart drivers to stop faster and avoid the collisions with these handbags, as the damage payouts involving such have been steadily increasing insurance premiums for the airport.

Passengers using these transportation services have also complained of boredom during their long journeys between gates, so the IFE will allow them to watch their favourite episode of Big Bang Theory or Two-and-a-half Men and other mind-numbing shows. This will also pacify them through the tense times of wondering if they will or won't make their connection.
        SQ228, will Gold and PPS passengers get to have buggies with space beds or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
          Wow!! Will this IFE have a 3D map of changi airport? I'd love that.

Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
          No, you don’t get that with the 2006 Y seats, those will come once they get retrofitted with the 2013 seats
          And the 2017 seats will get you 3D maps of SKL and KF Gold lounges at Changi.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post

And the 2017 seats will get you 3D maps of SKL and KF Gold lounges at Changi.
            Hmmm wondering how long will the buggy be out of action before they are hatched with the new seats..?

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
              Hmmm wondering how long will the buggy be out of action before they are hatched with the new seats..?
              The buggy spends 2 weeks in a cocoon before it flies out. It's a chrysalis process rather than a hatching due to the fact that the buggies are a form of mechanical larvae.

We were trying to keep this under wraps, but I'll just tell people on this forum– PPS & KFEG will be able to book special gold buggies using the upgraded SQ app. Yes, these "überlimos" as they are to be known, are being developed by Tesla and will feature 3D holographic maps of all the terminals, indicate the presence of Gucci handbags using sonar technology and feature Krug on tap. By far the most exciting feature, however, will be a "tricked out" wifi hump, which not only keeps you connected to the Internet of Things, but has flashing LEDs capable of displaying 16.7 million colours and a built in defibrillator for when your personal SQ obsession reaches critical levels.

But shhhh!! Don't tell anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                so the IFE will allow them to watch their favourite episode of Big Bang Theory or Two-and-a-half Men and other mind-numbing shows.
                Complete with Shanghai Trust commercials?

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                  Complete with Shanghai Trust commercials?
                  Of course. Something's got to pay the bills for these crazy ideas we're cooking up. SQ are presently cutting costs, so before any of our ideas are accepted we need to submit full funding arrangements. Yesterday some young guy came and stuck a cash register on my desk. I think it was a hint or something, so I filled it with candy.

Comment

How’s SQK doing, anyone knows?

Comment

A similar incident just occurred in Frankfurt:

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-an-...kfurt-airport/
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                        How’s SQK doing, anyone knows?
                        She's still parked at H1. Still wearing SQ colours.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          A similar incident just occurred in Frankfurt:

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-an-...kfurt-airport/
                          Ouch! That plane is much worse off than SQK.

If SQK wasn't worth repairing, I don't have much hope for an A340 with damage like that.

Comment

curious to see what they do with SQK ... gradually dismantle it at Changi?
                            still feel it's such a waste writing it off. i was on SQK just a few days before the incident..the refurbed interior could have lasted it another good 3-4 years.

Comment

I guess the refreshed seats and IFE can be recycled to other aircraft if that's what they choose to do with it. It's a fine balance as the aircraft receiving these recycled seats and systems could potentially only have a limited lifetime left in the fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                                I guess the refreshed seats and IFE can be recycled to other aircraft if that's what they choose to do with it. It's a fine balance as the aircraft receiving these recycled seats and systems could potentially only have a limited lifetime left in the fleet.
                                Possibly not. The aircraft will belong to the insurance company if they make a claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X