No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i believe SQM should also have the new stuff... it's been out for a few weeks and just came back on air as SQ872 yesterday (saw her on her take off roll off 20C while queuing!)

i personally believe SQ intends to keep these craft for much longer...if they were prepared to let SRJ-SRL sit around with the purple cabins for years after retrofitting the eventual 772Rs the last time, whilst they saw a need to re-refit the 772s, there must be some intention there.

Comment

• Guys, the legendary 9V-SRL has been taken out of the morning SIN-BKK run (SQ972/SQ975). Perhaps it's been tasked to ferry the boys in green to a nearby country?

I'll be on SQ982 this Sunday night and am waiting with bated breath to see if I'll get this plane!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
        Guys, the legendary 9V-SRL has been taken out of the morning SIN-BKK run (SQ972/SQ975). Perhaps it's been tasked to ferry the boys in green to a nearby country?

I'll be on SQ982 this Sunday night and am waiting with bated breath to see if I'll get this plane!
        It's looking like you will! The two purple cabins are back to their regular flights.

Meanwhile BNE flights SQ255/236 have been getting non-ER 772s a bit lately.

Comment

• Yup, its back to the SIN-BKK-SIN run. Its already appearing in the first week of Jan 2018. Saw it when the 2-3-2 J class seat map appeared when I was doing my booking.

Comment

• 9V-SQK got its snout burnt this morning when the tug towing it caught fire. The scorch marks look pretty bad... I hope it’s not a hull loss! Just flew her on one of my usual HKG flights a week ago.
            Any insiders know the status of the damage?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
              9V-SQK got its snout burnt this morning when the tug towing it caught fire. The scorch marks look pretty bad... I hope it’s not a hull loss! Just flew her on one of my usual HKG flights a week ago.
              Any insiders know the status of the damage?
              Does anyone have any pictures please?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                Does anyone have any pictures please?
                There is a tread about 9V-SQK:
                http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16009

Comment

• 9V-SVF has suddenly stopped flying for the past 4 days.

It's daily flight to MNL has been taking over by the 772 SQ/SR series, which is interesting given it's currently down a member with the incident involving SQK. The non-ER 772s have also been doing some flights to BNE, so there's quite a bit of flux happening between the SQ/SR & SV-series. Can't imagine that makes for happy J passengers in one of those directions.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    9V-SVF has suddenly stopped flying for the past 4 days.
                    Saw both SVF and SVG parked at the remote stand near T2 when my aircraft taxied pass this noon.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• It's fairly likely now that SVF has hung up its purple fabric and the last of the SpaceBeds are headed for the scrapheap. That leaves one lone purple SRL.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                        Saw both SVF and SVG parked at the remote stand near T2 when my aircraft taxied pass this noon.
                        I thought SVF was actually leaving sometime next year. I'm not sure about SVG, are they intending to give the same treatment like they did to SVB?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          I thought SVF was actually leaving sometime next year. I'm not sure about SVG, are they intending to give the same treatment like they did to SVB?
                          I just flew on SVG on 7 Dec.

Comment

• Saw SVF on the move outside T2 parallel to 02C when I flew on 7 Dec at 7am

Comment

• SVF was missing an engine on 9th Dec AM.
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                                SVF was missing an engine on 9th Dec AM.
                                SVF engine removed to conduct high pressure duct test.

Comment

Working...
                                X