BA worldwide computer failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA worldwide computer failure

Looks like BA is having a tough week. All flights grounded yesterday because of an IT failure. Still not back to normal today...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40074751

Being from the tech side, I'm very curious why their back-up couldn't fire up for 3 whole days. From how it's reported in the media, including a BBC interview of the boss, it doesn't sound they had a tested and fully functioning redundancy plan in place. But that's the media - perpetually hyper-ventilating and mostly fake news. Waiting for the official response. BA and other airlines/businesses better learn from this very expensive experience.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Being from the tech side, I'm very curious why their back-up couldn't fire up for 3 whole days. From how it's reported in the media, including a BBC interview of the boss, it doesn't sound they had a tested and fully functioning redundancy plan in place. But that's the media - perpetually hyper-ventilating and mostly fake news. Waiting for the official response. BA and other airlines/businesses better learn from this very expensive experience.
      Being in IT I am also wondering this. After hearing it was due to a power loss, I bet they don't have any redundant systems and the wait was with energy providers / engineers.

Comment

Nothing strange, just like recent Singtel boardband/internet issue down for 24 hours!

Comment

post deleted
          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Is always cost vs chances of failure until it actually happen.

Comment

Working...
            X