SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > KrisFlyer & PPS Club

Old 23rd September 2017, 04:32 PM   #16
fone
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: A3 *G

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR View Post
How did you know you were last on the wait list for that booking? I was exactly asking the agent that but he couldn't tell me. My only clue was that waitlist option closed after I made the booking. I have no idea whether I took 2 of only 2 waitlisted seats, or I was the 9th and 10th in a list of 10. Makes me wonder also what the ratio between demand and supply exactly is for all these KF premium awards
It was quite close to departure (within 1 month). Revenue tickets were sold out and saver and standard redemption were unavailable at first, so once it becomes available, I just presumed I am the last, which would not help the cause with just 1 or 2 in front and a full cabin (say we expect at most 2 cancellations/no-shows?)
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2017, 10:17 PM   #17
EWR
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: SQ, UA, AC, BA, DL

So it appears that SQ will now be flying to CPT daily from late (28?) March 2018. My wait list for July still hasn't cleared and all additional dates around the date I am currently waitlisted for remain standard redemptions only (from Thursday to Saturday; my waitlist is for the Friday). Quite counter intuitively, I don't suppose having the daily CPT option would make it easier for me - since it means all those original SIN-JNB-SIN flights will only get busier with a new tagon to CPT..?
EWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 01:56 PM   #18
GR1
SQTalker

Programs: SQ*G KFEG, CX MPC SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR View Post
So it appears that SQ will now be flying to CPT daily from late (28?) March 2018. My wait list for July still hasn't cleared and all additional dates around the date I am currently waitlisted for remain standard redemptions only (from Thursday to Saturday; my waitlist is for the Friday). Quite counter intuitively, I don't suppose having the daily CPT option would make it easier for me - since it means all those original SIN-JNB-SIN flights will only get busier with a new tagon to CPT..?
Jfyi I waitlisted myself on HKG-SIN-JNB in J Saver on Thursday, the first HKG-SIN sector cleared a few hours later in the day followed by SIN-JNB the next day. I think you will just need to wait till you get closer to the date of travel - though with high level of uncertainty - I have had wait lists in the past for over 6 months that never cleared eventually.
GR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 11:15 PM   #19
EWR
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1 View Post
Jfyi I waitlisted myself on HKG-SIN-JNB in J Saver on Thursday, the first HKG-SIN sector cleared a few hours later in the day followed by SIN-JNB the next day. I think you will just need to wait till you get closer to the date of travel - though with high level of uncertainty - I have had wait lists in the past for over 6 months that never cleared eventually.
Thanks GR1. I am not banking on it. It's a Friday departure and if it clears I'm already overseas. A little of a hassle to make calls, get hotels, apply for leave etc. I'm already ticketed to fly Wednesday. I'm inclined to just take whatever it is before I get on the first sector, which is 12 days before the wait listed flight

Last edited by EWR; 17th February 2018 at 10:22 PM..
Old 17th February 2018, 10:25 PM   #20
EWR
SQTalk PPS Club

I checked the seat maps for both my ticketed flight and the waitlisted one, by making a phony revenue booking. Strangely, the flight I'm ticketed on looks half full, while the one I am waitlisting for is completely empty. I know this may not be a good indication in economy, but for business? Everyone should select their seats right? Even stranger, it's possible to waitlist saver tickets for the flight I am already ticketed on, whereas saver option is unavailable for the (empty) flight I am currently waitlisted on. Should I call them (this is four months down the road)? :S

Btw, a very happy CNY if you happen to read this over the weekend