SilkAir Boeing 737 Max Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    Only 9V-MBE and 9V-MBF remain in SIN. You might have seen a regular MI 737-800 parked next to them.
    Just drop by to say goodbye to the remaining max before they fly off to Aus.

Comment

• MBE left to join her friends last night. 5 down, 1 to go.

Comment

• Aye. Judging by the deltas in dates, I reckon MBF would fly off at or around 29 Oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
          Aye. Judging by the deltas in dates, I reckon MBF would fly off at or around 29 Oct.
          Exactly right - there is an MI8880 leaving for ASP on 29 October at 03.00. No guesses for which aircraft that is.

Comment

• anyone think SQ is talking to Boeing to cancel/change the 737MAX order??

the recent analyst briefing, the CEO refuse to comment on this.
            i think SQ might be doing so. or else, they wont be refitting the NG..

guess those MAX which have been produced for MI (plus the 6 in Alice Springs) might go to Scoot? while SQ look for alternative models?
            seem like a lot of paxes wont have confidence in taking the MAX.

Comment

• Presumably they might be interested in some MAX 10s, which don't have MCAS.

The MI 7M8 had to take a capacity cut in order to fit the flatbed J seats...
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Silkair/SQ should have taken the almost a year downtime of the Maxes to reconfigure to the new business lie-flat seats as think the Max should be back flying from April 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Silkair/SQ should have taken the almost a year downtime of the Maxes to reconfigure to the new business lie-flat seats as think the Max should be back flying from April 2020.
                  I think they would like to but the new seats were not ready until 2020.

Comment

• I dont think its as straight forward, the MAX has such a bad rep that SQ will have to gradually introduce it back to their fleet. The recent internal mails have been very damning on the Boeing culture.

Perhaps even consider moving it to TR and utilise their A320s instead.

Comment

• Or perhaps try to negotiate to change the outstanding MAX orders to other Boeing models instead? More 777X or 787s? Then order the A320NEO and keep the 737NGs flying longer for now... The latter seems to be the case anyway since SQ has already decided to refit them with the flat beds. I don't think the current 737s are that inefficient right?

News has it that MH has dropped its MAX order.

Comment

• But what are they going to do with the existing MAX that have been built for them?

I see conversions to MAX 10s happening, but it's unlikely they trash the order or convert to 787s, they have 29 on order unless TR need more.

MH, on the other hand, really ought to be downsizing, so if true then I'm not surprised.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by nocturne View Post
                          Perhaps even consider moving it to TR and utilise their A320s instead.
                          If it's the safety aspect that SIA is concerned with, it is unthinkable that they would deploy the 737 MAX on their budget offshoot (TR) instead of the mainline brand (SQ). The swap in aircraft types across both airlines would probably only materialise if the economics make sense - not because of the existing safety concerns.

Comment

• Aside from an obvious safety concern, there is a capacity shortage due to B737 MAX grounding. If this were to carry on much longer, i wonder what are the options for SQ with growing their narrow-body fleet. Perhaps bring in more B737NGs? or it will be a a question of who takes a capacity hit..SQ or TR?

As it stands, they were planning to commence their first SQ narrowbody flights in Mid-2020. Unless, the B737MAX can be cleared by FAA/CAAS by Mar'20, they will not be able to meet this plan.

Lots of decision to be made in the coming months.

Comment

• Originally posted by nocturne View Post
                              As it stands, they were planning to commence their first SQ narrowbody flights in Mid-2020. Unless, the B737MAX can be cleared by FAA/CAAS by Mar'20, they will not be able to meet this plan.

Lots of decision to be made in the coming months.
                              SIA has already confirmed it is not waiting for the MAX grounding to be lifted to proceed with its SilkAir integration plans. Boeing 737-800s (NGs) will start receiving flat-bed Business Class seats between now and June 2020.

Anyway Boeing has started informing customers today that regulatory approval for the MAX isn't now expected until June or July 2020.

Comment

• The FAA has cleared the B737 Max to fly again in the US:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/18/b...val/index.html
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X