No announcement yet.

SQ 868 The tale of the missed approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 2 of the TR has been added to post #8.

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
    We ended up landing at a high speed and braking harder than usual, I believe a go around should have been executed.
    I think the weather conditions were deteriorating too fast for a go around to be executed - the wind was really throwing the plane around before landing, in all directions!
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Worst landing ever was when a typhoon was approaching Taipei, and the 773 I was in was sent swaying and dropping a few times during the final approach to CKS airport. During one of the 'drops', one of the FSS let out a shout but quickly regained her composure and kept her smile on as passengers stared at her. It was like taking a roller coaster ride without the upside down loops.

Comment

last year i was on a MAS 744 flight from HKG and it was during a approaching typhoon and can see the skies in the afternoon was so dark with like continous black clouds and the winds were blowing hard that in the upper deck can feel the plane swaying and frankly was nervous abt the flight. we were delayed for almost 2 hrs and when the plane was taxiing towards the runway, can still feel the winds esp from the upper deck. However once took off for and climbed like 6,000 ft and above, it was strange that the turbulence was not there! and then we like flew into the centre of the typhoon where looking out the windows one can see the dark clouds and as we climbed higher we passed through some would say medium bumps but nothing too bad.
        However again last Jun when flying from KUL to SIN on a SQ 772 during a thunderstorm - it was fairly bad with fairly heavy turbulence on take-off and the plane was even yawing and seems struggling to gain height fast - and it was a scary moment for many onboard.

Comment

Sorry to revive this post. I was wondering if SQ868 includes a full dinner service, and has AVOD yet? Many thanks

Comment

Working...
          X