Car Rental from LHR T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rental from LHR T3

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone has used a car rental company from Heathrow T3 before? I'm arriving on SQ318 on a wednesday and was trying to decide between Enterprise and SixT.

I've used SixT before but not from LHR. I don't mind returning the car at King's Cross a week later. The other alternative is Enterprise, which is quite good for me as I have an Enterprise just round the block from where I live.

any advice? thanks in advance!

I have only ever used Avis from LHR but I think it is the same for all the companies. You have to take a bus out from the airport to their car lot. If you are not sure where the bus goes from then you can always go to their desk in arrivals and ask but unless it has changed recently follow signs for the bus stops. This takes you past the lift to the car parks and the VS arrivals lounge and just beyond is an exit to the terminal where the buses for the car rental and long term parking depart from.

Comment

I thought at Arrival Hall in T3 there are car rental counters? Near the left luggage shop?

Comment

Howdy,
        I've used Avis and Enteprise before.
        Both are okay and they have GPS devices to rent (for people who do not know the way well).
        But avoid Thirfty ! The car yard is a long bus ride away from Heathrow. Poor service too (I reserved a GPS device but the person said they dont have any available. In the end, I had to take the bus back to healthrow and look for a new car rental deal with another company !!)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          I thought at Arrival Hall in T3 there are car rental counters? Near the left luggage shop?
          There are but if you have a pre booked car you do not have to go to them you can go straight to the bus out to their car lots on the perimeter of the airport.

Comment

Ah. many thanks everyone.

I'll probably go with Enterprise. The idea of being able to return the car to a location 5 mins away is appealing.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X